Friday, February 15, 2008

Been awhile eh? Been busy, animation and art stuff

I haven't had much time to play any 40k at all. Most of the time I get a Formula Waagh!! test on Friday and I end up coming by BFG and just watch all the games going down. I missed the Hobby Tournament for BFG and it looks like I will miss the Ninja Pirate event this coming Sunday. Hooray for Mom's coming down. I can't say no to a free lunch can I hehe?

First of all, initial rule set for Formula Waagh!!!. Click Here!!! for the newest rule set. Things left to do on it. Test more with the items bought, to see if anything is too broken. Of course the special items are pretty powerful, but then the game is pretty locked with ways to stop shooting pretty easily. First up is a roster list in an excel and a pdf format that way people can print out their gangs and go on from there. I also need to create a penetration/glancing table picture to add and some random glyphs etc to it. To make it seem more legit, also a back image and replace the art with my own art, that way I am not stepping on anyone's toes. Anyone reading this, please comment with what you think on it. I am planning on starting races in March and setting up a board or seeing if I can create a jump off point on another board. I think the game works pretty smoothly and it allows a way for people to play a game without much initial investment. And it gives a chance for everyone to have painted models, since you only really need 1.

Beyond all of this, I think I will be able to throw down for the BFG team tournament. I just need a teammate. I got some peeps I need to ask, and I am planning on playing Chaos. I will throw down a list tomorrow to see what peeps think. 1000 pts., woot. I could play Big Bugs, 3 Fexes, 1 Hive Tyrant and some genestealers, but I think I would rather have more fun when I play. I might not depending on my team mate, but I will write down multiple lists.

And beyond all of this I got a game in yesterday. Played Nick from Florida at BFG and had a good time. I know, 40k on Valentine's day. Losers right? Well my girlfriend was working late... (BOO!!!) and Nick's is still in Florida so we aren't that bad haha. I played my Slaneesh/Tzeentch army. With almost everything being Slaneeshie with one Chaos lord who has a Mark of Tzeenth, disc of Tzeenth and a Demon Weapon. Nick had his pathfinders army and it was a very strange game.

We both had some dumb rolls that didn't follow through with the norm of the game. I charged his harlies with my Chaoslord, had 10 attacks with his demon weapon, his harlies put on 1 rending wound, and 2 other wounds. I failed all my saves and died. His massacre roll brought the harlies into range of my havoks, he killed them all, and his massacre roll was a 1. I think moved up some noise marines and shot the pointie ears down like the dancing bitches they are hehe. The game ended up being one havok squad and a noise marine squad left, and Nick having 2 Wraithlords, 1 with 2 wounds on it, the other clean due to being in terrain and making all his cover saves. The coolest thing was the Chosen Aspiring champ surviving for way to long, killing off a guardian squad and then doing a run by and killing his Farseer. Rambo style. My Demon Prince also never failed his Psychic test and pinned 1 large squad of Rangers hehe.

Sorry for the lack of pictures, it was kinda rush game. It was fun as hell and Nick is a great addition to the 40k gaming community in Austin. A solid player with some nicely painted armies.

5th edition is looking pretty interesting, as is the new boxed set for 40k. If all that comes in there, there is no way I won't be buying one. Too much cool stuff, to fit into a box. If it is true, GW has a game winner on their hands and is really giving a lot away to get people involved.

Alright, that is it for now, I am hoping to get into some more tournaments as my work schedule changes. And I need to get more games in damnit. I am looking at going to Adepticon. Hopefully I can make it heh.

No comments: