Sunday, November 24, 2013

Er my Gerds its Almost Turkey Day!



I love Thanksgiving.  I think it is just cuz you don't have to buy anyone gifts, you just eat, and it is all about just being thankful with family.  But really I just like eating haha.  So yeah… there is that.  My weekend I have busted out a ton of artwork.  In fact this whole week was artwork with small bits of minis.  You will see a Hobby post for Monday with some of the new Daemon stuff you might have seen on here.  Fun times as I continue my trail of people either loving or hating me.  Oh well I just have to sit there and take it haha.

Ok I got a game in on Thursday with my Daemon list.  It is a full Slaanesh, full of dudes and very little tricks.  I got lucky on my saves and for sure deployed wrong.  I usually deploy without much thought in test games.  It is easier to see how an army works if you self kick yourself in the nuts.  If it was easy and you made a lot of mistakes it might be too good of a list.  If it takes some skill to get back out of it then hey this is probably where you need to be list wise.  I don't like auto win lists or combo lists lately and want just straight, simple aggression.  Here is what I played.

HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 15
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

1845 on the nose.  I also got Iron Arm on both (failed at least once a turn during the first 2 turns) and some good Greater Gifts (Reroll inv, FNP 4+ other) so I had some leeway in how I played.  I fought against marines and didn't play my grinders right - a bit too aggressive to allow a multi charge that I was ok from as I made 3 5+ inv saves on one Grinder versus Assault Centurions.  Rough assholes I don't want to assault as those flamers will burn my butt up especially a 1 wound left DP.  If I went 2 LOC's it would be a diff army but Precog and Prescienced Daemonettes might be pretty good eh?  It is just hard as I have the coolest gun Daemon Prince with a brother getting painted later today hah.

I thought of this terrible list with Inq/BA.

Inq:
Xenos Ordo Inq, Servo Skulls X 3, Psycotroke Grenades - 49pts
Death Cult X 3, Crusader X 3, Priest X 2, LRR, Multi-Melta, Dozerblade, Psybolt - 370pts
Warrior Acolyte X 5, Mystic, LRC, Multi-Melta, Psybolt, Dozerblade - 300pts
Warrior Acolyte X 5, Mystic, LRC, Multi-Melta, Psybolt, Dozerblade - 300pts

BA:
Librarian - 100pts
BA Assault Squad, LR, Multi-melta - 325pts
BA Assault Squad, LR, Multi-melta - 325pts

Skyshield - 75pts

So you have those two LRC's on top of the Skyshield.  The dozer blades make sure you don't get stuck up there.  You can Deep strike the LR's off of the Mystics.  I think they count as cruising speed so at least one gun will shoot normal while the others shoot snap fire.  Thank goodness you have lots of rerolling with TWL.  No idea if it will work but it will for sure look hilarious on the table as you drive around, shoot guns and have a 4+ inv save and other nonsense.

Paint list for the week.  I am only off on Thursday so it should be a normal week for me.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - No idea yet
Character Art for Rob and stuff - Need to get this done asap
More random 40k propaganda - did one below, will have a Chaos one and a Inq one too - Doodles and Ideas only right now
Gun Daemon Prince 2 - Started will probably finish tonight.
Probably the Test Daemonettes - or Dudettes - Built one want one unit of these guys at least
Maybe finish this one grinder I have sitting here.

Will
2 Soul Grinders - Need to fix stuff but the prime looks ok so I should be able to bust those out by next week.

John Green
3 Bile Drones done - 6 more to do.  The build is a bit longer as I am using a screw in to get them attached to the bases as well as magnetizing the rider.

Luis P
More Flesh Tearers - Scouts this week so 5 bolt gun guys and 10 snipers most likely

Travis
More Cryx - finished some stuff, gonna pull out the bane thralls I think - will see how many survived shipping - they need to be straight plastic…

Don
Don is sending me the big Khorne Tank thingie - Build to paint - magnetizing the arms and probably the chest to make it easier to move around - fun times indeed - it will probably make me buy one for myself too… jerk.

Who knows what else will flow across my paint top.  I am sure will have more art too and if I forgot to list something or haven't done something yet please email me.  Trust me it won't hurt my feelings.  I think people forget I have done this for awhile and I will forget with everything going on.  Reminding me is perfecting fine as normally it only takes 2 weeks to get art (usually less but life can be nuts).

Ok models and art to look at for those interested in only seeing this stuff.






More coming this week.  I like painting Cryx.




These are part of a batch order.  Lots of fun drawing these guys.

The first of the Propaganda posters.

Lots of fun with this one.  I figured out a new glow technique with this one.

The top ones were done yesterday and Today.  Plus I painted models.  BOSS MODE ACHIEVED!  It is almost really nasty weather wise here so it isn't like I have anything else to do.


This commission cracked me up - a lot of fun and we have another example of the saddest nid in the game. 

If you are interested in art - most basic character stuff starts at $25.00.  More detailed work costs more and can run from 50-75 dollars depending on the picture.


1 comment:

TJ Atwell said...

That DP is sick man. I like the weapon and the tubes going into its butt. I won a tourney recently and could have grabbed the talos with the $250 I won, but ended up grabbing a DK to convert and a ton of troops (I have everything for several daemon lists but no troops, lol.

Thanks against for the banner Thomas!