Sunday, July 27, 2014

Goatboy's Monday er Sunday er yeah!



Man I wrote an article and then I deleted it because I am dumb.  Lordie lordie - but oh well - I got a crap ton of painting done this weekend.  One thing for me - tons of stuff for other people.  I got more to do this week too and hopefully I can knock out a ton of stuff.  Will see.

I got a game in Thursday.  We played modified Maelstrom missions.  I lost but I was more testing out the armies offensive capability versus playing the game.  It was a FMC list - Nurgle based.  I got great powers but man - I didn't cast a single power in the first turn.  Just nothing came out it was insane haha.

List

GUO, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Pink Horrors X 10
Pink Horrors X 10
Nurglings X 3
DP, MoN, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
DP, MoN, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
DP, MoN, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3

I was down some points - but most likely would have been characters in the Pink Horrors.  Still it worked well and played to my strengths.  Aggression haha.  GUO with Iron Arm is a bitch.  I didn't do any summoning because well - I didn't want too.  Normally you would put Summoning on the Pink Horrors and use left over dice to throw out things as needed.  Probably use the GUO at the end of rolling on Biomancy with either the Default power or getting lucky with one of the others.  Still it worked well and fit in a small box.

Let's write the paint list

Me
Art for people - need to see if I can find time - got the baby shower this weekend and a tournament to run on Sunday so I might be out of the pocket.  Will see
Article - need to right it before the end of the week as my weekend will be shot.
That is about it - won't have time to paint for myself.

Lance
18 More horse guys and then a movement tray - in boxes
2 Mortar teams - in a box
2 Characters - built - probably done tomorrow
1 Steam Tank - in a box

Travis
More and more Cryx and some mercaneries

Grew S
AM stuff - probably the scouts I see in a box - once the empire stuff is out will begin on this

Don
Last bit of the Old Skool flesh hounds - they are built just need to prime
Old Herald of Slaanesh on steed - built
Some Cygnar guys

Anthony
Jugger Lord - Primed and ready to paint - depending on how far I get into Empire tomorrow will see if I start the paint on it

Caleb
Necro Orks - probably won't be looked at till after this week

Chris
Dark Elves - need to knock out as many Empire this week - at least get the big horse squad done - then finish off this witch elves block.

Luis
Finish off the flesh tearers assault squad I have - need to swap some guns around

That is it for the list.  Man it looks daunting haha.  I can see what I knock out this week each night.  This is part of the reason why I quit the comic.  It just ate up a night when I really needed to have more time to painting things.  When I get caught up I will have time again to do more artwork.  It just gets hard as the art side of things takes more attention then painting if that makes sense.

Ok some models to look at and then I got to bed.

First new Ork - body is Black Reach - head is a Maxmini head.

AM guys eh?  

Tweaked and fixed up some painting on this one.


Will be doing a ton more of these guys.

I got 2 more buddies for him.

Tweaked the colors on this one.

We had two in this batch - one was not attached to a base - thus he got a taller ne.

Not sure what the green smoke is... but... 

More mind bullets!

Rando dudes.

Bring out your dead!

That one guy looks like he is holding in a fart.

2 comments:

Donz0 said...

One Daemon list to give a try if your trying for offensive output is 3x Khorne Heralds (2x B. Axes, Grim) and Karanak in a unit of 20 K Dogs. Ive played against the exact list you posted and as long as I kept the dogs away from the guo, i was able to chew thru the princes without blinking. Give it a run (i also run fatey and belehakor with them). Thinking of dropping Fate/Bel and adding in 4 slaneesh heralds (lvl 2) on steeds with 20 seekers.

Unknown said...

Love the wonder boy reference