Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Goatboy 40k: What I am thinking about



I think I might have to make 10 more stupid terminators with goat heads. I just want to have the option to play the stupid dual terminator list with Logan. I have my chaos terminators that can be repainted a bit and just given goat heads. Hell I would have had some goat heads, but the ebay thing I ordered either isn't in yet, or they didn't send them. So I have to deal with that and get my money back. I am giving the bidder 2 more days to respond, as they haven't yet. Stupid bullshit really. I mean come on. WTF. Oh well they will get negative feedback too. Still very very frustrating.

I can probably get some Beastmen heads locally too as we have some beastmen players. You would think I could stop make all this shit, but nope, it keeps bringing me back. I will also be looking at making plastic Wolf Lords on Juggers with the new plastic one. I hope it is a 3 boxed set, but will see. Most likely it will be one plastic asshole that says FU to my wallet. Jerks! I am just full of sugar today ain't I?

Right now I want to do some artwork later this week after I finish up some Warmachine stuff for Big Red. I have one more 6 man unit and then this shit is done. I also got lucky and could Dull Coat all the metal nids for a client too. That one is almost done :) as well as the IG from Spain. I finished up some Ultramarines for his Brother and I think they are some of my better work. Check out the Full of Monkey Painting Blog for all the new work.

Played a tournament this weekend. Got 4th place by 2 or so points. I played the Logan list I posted earlier and found out some interesting things. One, don't sacrifice my Grey Hunters as much. They are just as important as the big ole Logan squad. Also I think another terminator squad might be needed as it will give me more central control with big scoring units. Below is the list thought.

Again this is not a nice list, don't bring it for random games, do not play the new player with something like this.

HQ: Logan
HQ: Rune Priest, JAWS, Living Lightning, Chooser of the Slain
HQ: Rune Priest, JAWS, Murderous Hurricane
Elites: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf Mount, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Cyber Wolves X 4
Elites: Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf Mount, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Cyber Wolves X 4
Troops: Wolf Guard X 10
Wolf Guard Terminator, Cyclone ML
Wolf Guard Terminator, Cyclone ML
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator, CF/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator
Wolf Guard Terminator
Wolf Guard Terminator
Troops: Wolf Guard X 6
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard Terminator, TH/SS
Wolf Guard, Combi-Melta
Wolf Guard, Combi-Melta
Wolf Guard, Combi-Melta
Drop Pod
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Meltagun X 2, Mark of the Wolfen, Power Weapon, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Meltagun X 2, Mark of the Wolfen, Power Weapon, Rhino

I don't know if this is any good, just a weird thought list. I think the Iron priests could help to get things where they need to be to hit stuff. And of course the drop pod squad with all the combi-meltas could be very handy against LR's and other nonsense. Not sure if this is a good direction to go down, but it is a thought. It also lets me get a unit onto the opponents side. The other thought might be to drop one Rune Priest for a wolf priest to get the one Wolf Guard as fearless :). Will see. Of course this is a BS list so I wouldn't be normally playing it. So less worrying about seeing this across the table from a fun in the sun game.

I think there is a Hobby tournament this Sunday that is more based along the lines of having fun with funky missions and weird rules etc. It is a 1250 tournament and I will post my list on Friday. Fun fun fun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No superweapon in the second squad, also it's 6 models not 5.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I didn't have points to put something crazy in there. The 3 Combi-meltas should pop whatever I want and then guys sitting still will be annoying enough to most :). Or so that is the hope. Of course I could roll a ton of 1's :(.