Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's Sunday!


The "beginning" of my work week. Totally awesome right? Well it is usually an easy day so that is good. Better to start off easy and shake the weekend rust off. This weekend was a long one. Friend's wedding that the wifey was a part of. That meant a long day waiting around for things to happen. I finished my book and started doodling around with an army list and more cartoon workings on my new endeavor. Will see if it shows up sooner then later. But all in all it was kinda meh weekend.

I did get some things done. I shipped off the Reaver as well as the Vampire. I also shipped off some small things and built a LR that needed to get done for this week that finishes off another commission. I actually painted it today so all in all a good time. I also "finished" my taxes and owe some monies. It makes me a sad panda but at least I have it to pay it. I figure that it isn't too bad and it just means I pretty much got all the money I should get during the year and didn't put it in a crummy "savings" account. Fun times indeed.

So lets start off with my painting list.

John H
Land Raider Redeemer/Crusader/Chaos build - Finished today!

Jens
CSM - 6 man squad - Finished!
CSM - 7 man squad - Primed
Random plasma gun - primed

Nick R
Menoth unit - need to build and paint

Luis P
12 more Necromunda Guys

Michael S
Ork Bomba - Started building - need to finish

Myself
Maybe a test 10 man Ass Iron Warriors Squad - Build/Paint

I plan on trying to get on the streaming TV this Friday. I got locked into finishing some things before going out for a BBQ/Fajita session with some old friends. He has some freetime so it is bro hanging out time. So will see. Hopefully I can get the lot of this done. It will feel good damnit :).

I keep thinking I want to play a Dreadnought list and the thought of the Iron Warriors paint scheme is screaming at me. Most likely that will mean Blood Angels as it gives me the most Dreadnoughts to mess around with. The question is do I go where my brain wants to go with an all out balls to the walls kill fest or go another direction. I will probably mix it up as I usually do.

Current list Thoughts - 1850 cuz people still playing that grrr

HQ: Mephiston - He is a DP basically
Elites: Furioso Librarian Dread, Fear, Shield - Neato!
Elites: Furioso Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Extra Armor
Elites: Furioso Dreadnought, Blood Talons, Extra Armor
Troops: Ass Squad X 10, Meltagun X 2, Powerfist, Storm Shield, Rhino
Troops: Ass Squad X 10, Flamers X 2, Powerfist, Storm Shield, Rhino
Troops: Ass Squad X 10, Meltagun X 2, Powerfist, Storm Shield - Jump Packs!
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2

Yeah this is just an dumb extreme list. But it has a crap ton of robots which is all I care about. Man I am starting to dislike 1850 haha. Will I build it? Who the hell knows. It will really matter if I grab one of those dreadnoughts and paint it up all Iron Warrior like. If it hits me right then this bastard army will get built. That is just how I am hah.

Some pics!!





7 comments:

James said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
James said...

How do you have a Khorne Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor on a Daemonic Steed?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

It s the Space Goats - thus he is a Wolf Lord. He has Runic Armor, storm shield, and a power fist. Yes i know it is a chainfist - but it looked so much cooler then the power fist. Plus the Terminator Lord on a Jugger looks pretty ridiculous so it fits the army :).

But he plays as a Wolf Lord - Saga of the Bear, Thunder Wolf, Runic Armor, Powerfist, Storm Shield, WolfTail Talisman, Wolf Tooth Talisman, 2 X Fenris Wolves

He is Lenny - not the smartest but he does the job he is supposed to do - punch things.

James said...

Well that clears it up! I was excited there for a second. To bad I can't field it, Str 10+2d6 Ap. Bring on the pain!

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

If I could put a Chainfist on a wolf lord. Man. But those bastards obviously knew it would be too good haha.

Terminus Est said...

I'm really digging the Goat Lord !!! He looks like one pissed off mother !!! Awesome stuff there Thomas !

G

PS (the space kitty is pretty cool too!)

Anonymous said...

I Agree, the Goat Lord is boss.