Monday, January 16, 2012

Goatboy - Monday, Monday, Monday!


Woohoo - got a game in Saturday against Adam. Again as usual the dice favored me. I think I just suck the good dice rolling juice away from Adam. He only did one thing wrong that I think would have changed things up. That is just me. But I won on the back of my Grey Hunters and having more dudesmen available.

I did get pissed as I dropped my army on the ground. Broke a few things and was just - well not happy. I think I might be tired of 5th edition right now haha. The new FAQ's though do help so maybe I will get in a better mood. Or it is time to bring out my Battle Wagon orks again. Who knows. Either way - the arguing with buddies will stop as the Necron FAQ is out and it answered everything (correctly I might add). This is great as it helps keep the bile spewing to a minimum. The home life is going good as the wife is working and life is alright. I just think - well I am just kind of meh right now. Plus Cedar is not helping either. Hopefully with the walking and just eating better I can drop some weight and get in a better frame of mind too. Plus I want to get a tattoo soon damnit! ARGHS!!!

But enough of that - let's get started with the painting list.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Got the script - maybe I'll draw it today. Its got a goat in it.
Primarch - Want to draw up another one
Krell guy from VC - Built, primed, and first coat. Need to blend a lot
Chapterhouse Chaos Bike - Done!
Banner Design for client - need to draw it!

Jens
8 Dark Eldar Warriors - Primed and basic coating on
1 Raider - Get that sucka Done!

Mike N
Warboss on Bike - Halfway built - conversion
10 shoota boyz - Need to build em

Luis P
9 Beastman - DONE!
2 Extra mordhiem guys - DONE!
4 More Extra Mordhiem Guys - Primed!
1 Beastman rider guy - Primed!

I am in the process of bidding out a small Blood Angels order. Cool models and some conversion stuff. Will see if that one goes through. I have more Mordhiem to do then it is onto some White Scars stuff for the same client. Woohoo!

So with that in mind - how about some stuff I painted!








And finally some Art. I decided to go a bit more Spartacus with him. I think the weird vampire look you normally see is well - not very cool. I think of Angron as Spartacus - just complete aggression with this edge of intelligent warrior in there. This is exposed arm, fur cloak, and a much more leather type of armor design. That is just me. The other bit is for a shirt design for a client.




Finally the next Wolf List I want to mess around with.

HQ: Logan
HQ: Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, JaWs, Living Lightning
HQ: Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
Elites: Lone Wolf, Terminator Armor, Chainfist, Stormshield
Troops: WG X 10, Combi-Melta X 4, Powerfist X 4, Terminator Armor X 5, CML X 2, Storm Shield X 2, Thunder Hammer X 1, Chainfist X 1, Arjac
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Meltagun, MoW, Wolf Standard, Rhino, Dozerblade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Meltagun, MoW, Wolf Standard, Rhino, Dozerblade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Meltagun, MoW, Wolf Standard, Rhino, Dozerblade
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Meltagun, MoW, Wolf Standard, Rhino, Dozerblade

I am tempted to run another Lone Goat. I want to test one, see if it fits and then go from there. Hell I might run 3. That sounds awesome as they run around. I would need to tweak the list out - maybe drop Arjac but who knows. Still it sounds awesome if they ran around punching crap. I will end up making two. Twins who hate the world. I got most of the bits - buying more now from the Ebays. I have to get beastmen stuff and the normal guy - Spikey - doesn't have them cuz only special peeps like me want em haha.

But yeah - that is it for now. Want to try Lone Wolves as a method to causing annoyance in the middle of the board. The Terminator option allows me to take a Chainfist - a must to kill dreadnoughts etc, but the regular guy can run units down - which is pretty spicy. Arghs!

4 comments:

Splinter said...

Hey, Thomas...

Love the art. Just say, so don't worry we ain't picking out curtains and such!

How about doing Lionel El'Jonson next as one of the primarchs?

I'll be in some corner,

CK

PunkHammer said...

Hey,
i love the waay you paint, with a very personnal touch.
Your beastmen are beautifull, as far as we can use the term "beautifull" for such creatures ;)

A french fan

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Thanks - hopefully more stuff coming later on this week. Woohoo!

Will end up adding your site to the link roll soon.

Brent said...

I ran two Lone Wolves for the longest time - before I finally got my Space Wolf Scouts painted up.

They work. They're fun.

Very fun!

What's not to like?