Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Thursday Post - Gonna get a Game with Nonsense!

That is the plan anyway. I took half the day off and I want to get a game with this nonsense.  It should be fun.

HQ: Chaos Lord, Juggernaut, MoK, Blinding Axe, Meltabombs, Mutation, Veteran of the Long War, Sigil of Corruption
HQ: Sorcerer, Bike, The Black Mace, Veteran of the Long War, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Veteran of the Long War, Sigil of Corruption, Meltabombs
HQ: Old Zogwort
Elites: Lootas X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkits X 3
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
FA: Chaos Spawn X 4, MoN
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Big Guns X 3, Runtherd
Fortification: Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun

Yeah it is nutty - and it should be fun as hell.  I will get there and get stuff done as needed.  I want to see how the Spawn and Lord like guys do.  This will help me see if I need to go into this awesome CSM/Demons build I want to try as well.  It might work.  Will see it depends on if I want to like the Screamers or not.

I will post how it does for me tomorrow.  It should be fun none the less and will make people chuckle as I try to get the Maulerfiends to do something - anything.  I still think a Typhus design will win out in the end - but will see.  At 2000 points you can do some nutty things with multiple Sorcerer's but will see.  Dakka dakka in your face.  And lord I have 90 orks that look different hahaha.  I think I have another 30 I can repaint and get the magically number of 120.

Models to look at.

Woot - 90 new painted orks total - want to get 60 more done.  I hate my life.

Centaur Sorcerer of Chaos with a Black Mace and his Force Sword hehe.  Plus extra hands to give you some hugs!  Thoughts on this style?

Woohoo - a Khorne Lord on a Jugger - will see if he does any good haha.  NMM style I mess around with from time to time for the gold.  My sketchy paint style.  I did this one before the sorcerer.  Should I continue messing with it?

These count as Nurgle Chaos Spawn.  I had 4 and will use them today.  Woohoo - painted them while watching the Sandy concert thingie.

What?  More Luis stuff - Yay!


2 comments:

TJ Atwell said...

I like the centuar and I really like the spawn too. The creepy hands and the waist to shoulder ratio of the csm half of the centuar worked very well and I think the marauder horse body you used was the right choice here.

On a side note, I have noticed that in your non-balls out assault CSM stuff you use the black mace in the lord. I know that you are looking for weight of dice to push a wound through and activate the mace ... I have also tried it on a lord several times and discovered that I end up getting saved on by Space marine sergeants it I kill the Sgt and then there are only a couple if tests to be made and the others pass. How has your mace been fairing?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I have found them fun - but will see if he stays around. It is one of those - items that can knock horde silly which might be needed later. if you are area is full of marines all the time then it isn't worth it.

I did like the spawn though - and the game I got there, punched the crap out of stuff and took names. The list performed very well and I think you could go with a Typhus based build that might work well. use some Demons to help get another assault unit into things and we might be looking at a good list.

Will see as I test things out.