Thursday, March 7, 2013

Goatboy - Initial Demon Lists


I have a crazy mono god article discussion for Monday on BOLS.  Today I want to go into my initial thoughts on the list.  I think its a confusing codex but I feel it really fits into the Paper/Rock/Scissors format of 6th edition.  In fact I think the army I won the Railhead with would have been at a loss against this army as well so it makes me have to rethink some ideas.

The big thing with this army is that you have to design outs for your lists.  It needs answers to certain things.  We all know it has board control covered with large units that will take awhile to remove.  Shooting won't spook them off and dedicating an assault unit might not be the best unless it can poor out a good deal of attacks.  It is an interesting army and I feel it will reward the good player in the long run.  So will see - here are my initial build thoughts.

The plan right now is to go Slaanesh/Tzeentch build - utilizing some insane blasting options in the Tzeentch side to remove flyers and other obstacles.  The Slaanesh side is there to mop things up and thus the design build that favors two of their squads to 1 Tzeentch blob.

Here is the initial build out and then what I can add if I think about it.

HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Loci of Conjuration, Lvl 3 Psyker
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Lvl 3 Psyker
HQ: Herald of Slaanesh, Loci of Grace, Lvl 1 Psyker
HQ: Herald of Slaanesh, Loci of Grace, Lvl 1 Psyker
Troops: Pink Horrors of Tzeentch X 20, Instrument of Chaos
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Instrument of Chaos, Alluress
Troops: Daemonettes X 20, Instrument of Chaos, Alluress
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10

This comes out to - 1045pts - I could see about getting seekers in instead of the Daemonettes but I think just using them will work fine as a blanket bug fest.  The additional bits is where I have an issue.  The Plague Bearers could be off - but they will most likely deep strike or go to ground a lot.  They are a back objective holder that could kill a Drop pod if they land near etc.

The next step is to fill it in with the beats.  I could go multiple ways.

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gifts X 2
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Greater Gifts X 2, Wings

This comes out to 445pts.  I could then add in 2 MoN Soul Grinders as they will have a 3+ cover save when around the Demons and still give me a good punch.  I would use the Phlem and the Slaanesh DP will go for the Whip at least on one of the gifts.  If there are no flyers or at least only a small amount I will roll twice on the list.

If I don't go the GD route I could just go with a DP and 3 Grinders plus an Aegis line.

HQ: Daemon Prince, MoS, Greater Gifts X 2, Wings
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoN, Phlem
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoN, Phlem
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoN, Phlem

This comes out to  775pts and I have some random Lesser Gifts I can throw out as well. So yeah - hard to think about stuff as the 3 Grinders sound great but will see.  Someone will get hurt by the table at some point but I think it can be ok for me as well.  Time to do some testing before I reach Adepticon.

Here is another stupid list - as many MC's as I can throw in.

Daemons with Allied CSM
HQ: Bloodthirster, Greater Gifts X 2
HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gifts X 2
HQ: Daemon Prince, MoN, Wings, The Black Mace, Armor
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10, Instrument
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10, Instrument
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Heldrake, Bale Flamer
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Greater Gifts X 2, Wings
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Greater Gifts X 2, Wings
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoK, Greater Gifts X 2, Lesser Gift X 1,Wings

1845

This list just screams to use the Ultraforge figures - crap I just did my taxes and I got a nice bit of money... DAMNIT!!!  This army would look so awesome on the table top.  ARGGGHHHH!!!

5 Flying MC's, 1 Walking MC, 1 Dragon, and a bunch of jerks.  There bez lots of whips going around too.  How does it look?  Should I do it?




1 comment:

HOTpanda said...

YOur monster mash list makes me giggle at the look of your opponent as they see you deploy all those nasty monsters. What I am liking about the codex is that it carters to a wide variety of effective builds. My only concern is the WInds of Chaos table and how it can effect the game.