Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friday and I got the Day off!

Which means I will be painting models.  I need to get in gear on the Wargames Army - What I have done is below.  Plus I have to mentally prepare for the Alamo.  Ok never mind I will just play games hahaha.  The Tau seem frustrating to play against.  They go completely against what I find enjoyable and if they start to infiltrate a lot of the upper tables it will be an annoying set of games.  They just shoot - which isn't very exciting hah.  But oh well - if that is what people want to play then I will just look forward to seeing them in tournaments and most likely not for funsy's.

I still think Crons are better overall as they cover more of the stuff you need to win.  Still - blargh.  I won't be playing them.  Their rules and cost don't entice me.  But for those wanting more Xenos - this is your year!  I am just waiting on Orks for right now haha.

What I sent to the Alamo people for my list.

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gifts X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3 Caster, Locus of Conjuration
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3 Caster
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 20, Iridescent Horror
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker

Pretty basic and simple.  It might work.  Obviously I have the Book trick and the Portal.  Will see if it ends up being ok.  Blargh indeed!

I don't think the Horror blob will work - as I could easily dump them and get something else.  It is really just thoughts and I think the dog bomb might work with some tricks involved.  Will see.

This is the list that I think I should play - if you wanted just a straight forward Daemon Bomb Smash MC 4000!

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3 Psyker
HQ: Lord of Change, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3 Psyker
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker

Basic and simple.  Fun stuff indeed.

Played a game with my Alamo list.  It did alright - I got owned the first few turns and was able to bring it back when my Daemon opponent didn't get an Iron Arm off and I had one on a flying MoS prince who enfeebled the jerk once.  Instant death whips are pretty good I hear?

You need the level 3's to help get Iron Arm when you need it - and Hallucination as well.  It just gives you more chances.  Fun stuff indeed.

The Wargames Con painted army is coming along - you should see the Dragon in a few days.  Woohoo!  It is a conversion and it should be a nice center piece for the raffle army.

With that - let's look at some models.

More Dark Angels!

30 Jerks!  Set up in small batches of 10 to allow for the winner to have 3 troop choices if they want.

Converted Chaos Lord - the Plague Marines will have the similar evil star fish gut explosion like this guy.

His sword arm was bunk - so I added this.  If you are playing Sorcerer's you should be using Force Staves.  Much better choice then a sword.

Got bored and drew this and colored it after doing Plastic Dudesmen last week.  Bubba wants his bottle!

Alright - with that in mind the paint list at the end as well.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Got a script - time to draw
Some Art commissions as well - banners etc.
Wargames Con - Dragon - need to build
7 Plague Marines - Need to build
Figure out my Lord of Change

Jens
Hammerhead - Need to build

Luis
2 More Termies - Primed!
1 Drop Pod - Need to build and finish
more termies?

That is it for now - I am sure there will be others as usual.

3 comments:

Camden Jansen said...

I tried your second list in a game against an Eldar player (neither of us knew eachother's armies).

He won first turn, so I placed my DP's out of line of sight from his really nasty walkers, but they he just redeployed them.

He had destroyed 1 of my demon princes and left 1 at 1 W by the end of his shooting.

How could I have countered that? Also, it didn't help that I got 0 spells off on my turn. =/

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Terrain is very important for that style of nonsense. And it will be gone in a few weeks hehe - with a new codex coming for Eldar.

Really just plan for it and hide out - and if you have to you can go to ground with the mc to protect and not give up first blood if need be.

But it is a hard one and expect it from a lot of armies.

Unknown said...

That Nurgle Lord paint nonsense is awesome. Next time we run into each other your scribbling that onto my bag. Ive been playing Chaos since the end of 2nd...