Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tuesday Late - been busy hah

I am still enamored with Daemons.  I think they fit my play style and I am going to start working on some other ideas to see if I can get them to work the way I want.  To break out of my box I am looking at trying to use Dogs and Grinders for a full on Assault.

HQ: Bloodthirster, Greater Gift X 2
HQ: Herald of Khorne, Greater Gift, Juggernaut of Khorne, Locus of Wrath
HQ: Herald of Khorne, Greater Gift, Juggernaut of Khorne, Locus of Wrath
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
FA: Flesh Hounds of Khorne X 15
FA: Flesh Hounds of Khorne X 15
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, Mark of Slaanesh
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, Mark of Slaanesh
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, Mark of Slaanesh

Yeah I know it is weird but it could work.  It is all about getting in there, getting some damage, and a turn two smash.  I am getting some grinders in and could test this out if I wanted.  Hrm... I do have a crap ton of dogs.  The Dog bomb lists are going to hurt a lot of players as they design for static games and the army punishes them.

Now flyers... are a bit of an issue hahaha.  Still - a ton of armor 13 is a pain in the butt.

Current play list until I finish a Lord of Change

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Exalted Gift, Greater Gift
HQ: Bloodthirster, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, MoS, Lvl 3, Greater Gifts X 2
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, MoS, Lvl 3, Greater Gifts X 2
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Wings, Armor, MoS, Lvl 3, Greater Gifts X 2

The Upgraded Horrors are there to help deal with one Warp Storm and to give me a chance to do some Precision strikes heh.  Still it works, its fun, and quick.  Woohoo!


Paint list
Me
Art for Banner
Plastic Dudesmen - Got the script/idea - need to work it out art wise
More test Angry Tau - the one below needs some work and I think my matte spray effed it up.  I got some new stuff and will clean up the yellow again.  It just feels dull
Work on Designing my Lord of Change - want to do something mechanical

Luis
More Dark Angel Terminators!

Wargames Con
Havok Squad - Done!

Jens
Hammerhead - Done! - Magnetized etc woohoo

Doug
Daemon Prince 1 - Built and I need to reprime it up etc - added little arms
Daemon Prince 2 - Hopefully
There are 3 Dragons too - I think Doug wants me to cry hah

I got some other things in the fire right now so will see how it goes.  For those wondering - my Tau ally is going to be

Farsight
7 Dudes - One with all the gear, 4 ML, 2 Plasma guys
1 Riptide
12 Warriors

All angry all the time!

Models painted.

I like the Faces, the yellow is pissing me off.


Wahhh - combo! Zoom Zoom!

Some Vets to lighten up the day.

Missile and Plasma - marine killing combos!

Final bit of Wargames Con!  yay!

Art for Frontline Gaming.  Woohoo!


7 comments:

WhiteDevil said...

I noticed most of your daemon lists have 3 troops and a portal. Do you feel that's conducive to tournaments like wargamescon? I don't know if you guys are going to put out more descriptive primer missions, bit it seems you need lots of troops.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I think it should be ok - at Adepticon I never regretted just having 2 troops and the Portal.

The 3 with the portal might be overkill but I think that should do it as the rest of the army is digging into your opponent and meaning your troops have turns to "stay alive" and consume.

What have you found to be the right amount of troops? I am meh on Plague Bearers as they just do much - if they were cheaper I think they would be better.

WhiteDevil said...

I still like plague bearers. They are terminators against shooting when on an objective.

I also like big blocks of daemonettes in certain builds.

But to each their own. I'm meh on pink horrors since they are so dice dependent (my dice hate me).

As for the troop numbers thing, I'm still not sure. You guys are running Wargamescon, so I'll take your word that 3 troops + portal is enough. I just hear viscous rumors of 7 objective and multiple 5 objective missions. Makes me want to take 4 troops and a portal just to be safe haha.

Syaoran said...

I used plaguebearers for my troop choice when the codex first came out but quickly changed to Horrors because a lot of my opponents use template weapons or thunder fire cannons which made shrouding useless. Horrors at least get to shoot and have the save re-roll which I found made them more versatile.

My question Mr Goatboy is, why are you moving from Bloodthirster to Lord of Change ?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

It is because I haven't made one yet - I am still hoping for a new Lord of Change model.

Syaoran said...

So a LOC was always going to be in your starting line up you just didn't own the model?

The reason I ask is because I've been running the same list as you with great success using BT so I'm trying to get into your head to know what your thinking about how a LOC would help optimize your current list.

I've tried both BT and LOC and found that BT just provides that extra fear factor that draws a lot of fire power which I use to my advantage.

WhiteDevil said...

I prefer a LoC for the buffs, anti flyer, and he's still great in cc.