Saturday, August 31, 2013

Models models models



Woohoo..
Quick Update... I am watching a lot of the Nova stuff.  Fun fun fun - wish I was there.
So now some paint list updates.


Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Done - need to do another before I leave.
Article - Got an idea - Wrote my new article!
Logo Art for White Metal Games - Done!
Tweak on other art for White Metal - Done!
Art for Ohio Hammer new bits - Done!
More art I think for Frontline gaming - Did another one.
If I forgot art somewhere remind me - I know I have a shirt to do for Don and his crew

Jens
Warhound Titan - Guns done - now the body and legs - Done before I leave for the weekend!

Luis
2 DA Black Knight Bikers - Done!
Ship off DA stuff - Part in box other small box getting packed this weekend - ship out next week

Ender
6 Old Skool Wraiths - Done!
21 Scarab Bases - Done!
1 Destroyer Lord conversion - Done!
3 Spiders - One needs to get fixed - Done!
Objective Completed! - Object shipped and recieved!

Kenneth
1 Zombie Dragon DP - Done!
1 Rhino - Done!
2 Destroyer Lords - Done!
1 Rhino - done!
3 Oblits - Done!
This has to be done by the weekend - already shipped and customer has got it - Objective Completed!

Will
19 Daemonettes - Done!
1 GUO - Done!
3 Plague Drones - Pieces
1 Nurgle DP - Done!
This is looking to get done before I leave for my Cruise.

David
2 Eldar Flyers - Done!
1 Wraithknight - Want to get done before I leave for the Cruise.


Models painted.

Exarch flavored
Original.


Does this smell bad? Metal GUO - greenstuff and hate holds this guy together.

Wing idea taken from Rob at Spikey Bits.  It looks awesome and the client thought so too.

Art!
ICE KING!

And finally an army list.  I think this might be good will see.

Here is the Initial Shell - issue comes in what I should add next.

HQ: Fateweaver
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3, Exalted Gift
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3, Locus of Conjuration
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10
FA: Screamers of Tzeentch X 6
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, MoN
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, MoN

Total comes out to 1505.

So the ideas to add on - depending on what I think might do better.

Khorne Add one
HQ: Herald of Khorne, Locus of Wrath, Juggernaut, Lesser Gift
FA: Flesh Hounds of Khorne X 13

This gives me another FA option to get in there.  They can bust Wave Serpents with their Charge, are pretty fast and hit pretty hard.  They have a lot of wounds - 26 - and with a few spells could be extremely dangerous.  

Another idea. Slaanesh
HQ: Herald of Slaanesh, Lvl 2, Steed, Locus of Grace
FA: Seekers of Slaanesh X 18, Heartseeker

This is fast as well, gives me a different spell caster and can be a pain in the ass for a lot of armies.  It does give me some extra options as well.  It is just very week to massed shooting and can die quickly.

Another idea as well with Nurgle
FA: Plague Bringers X 3, Chaos Icon
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoN, Baleful Torrent

I can move these guys up, hide them and teleport off their Icon.  I would also get another screamer this way.  It isn't a terrible idea.

I could also just get another squad of Screamers with another herald.  It would give me another fast unit that could get out there, get annoying and with the roll of a 10 on the warp storm have a 3++ with some dice from the other unit.  It isn't a bad idea either.  I will play test with 4 Heralds, 8 Screamers and 3 Grinders when I get back.  Blargh - too much to think about haha.  I also have some CSM ideas as well.  



2 comments:

TJ Atwell said...

I think the dogs are dicey in the days of tau shooting but that's just me ... By the way, my kids got me hooked on adventure time a couple of years ago and seeing it melded with 40k is like the discovery of mint chocolate chip ice cream. It's going to be tough to resist an adventure time allied detachment. Perhaps some Lemongrabs for horrors, haha

Unknown said...

Hey Goatboy,

I like the direction in which your lists are moving. They inspired me to tinker with my CSM/Daemon list as well. ATM I'm testing this combination:

Fateweaver
HoT, Disc, ML3, ER (Grimnoire)
HoK, Jugger, ER (Portalglyph)
CSM Sorcerer, Bike, ML3, Forceaxe
18 Daemonettes
10 Pink Horrors
10 CSM Cultists
12 Fleshhounds
7 Screamers
5 CSM Spawn, MoN
CSM Maulerfiend
Soulgrinder, DoK, Phlegm
1849 points

I'm contemplating ditching the HoK and Soulgrinder for a Tzeentch Daemonprince and I'm going to test if the change from Fateweaver tot LoC would be viable. The LoC is just such a big CC threat compared to Fateweaver. There must be some synergie there...

If you're taking your list to a Tourny any time soon I'm anxiously awaiting a BatRep.

Cilithan