Monday, February 3, 2014

Goatboy's Monday Shenanigans



Woot - Monday before the LVO.  I got in a 1500 tournament this weekend and tested out some parts of the LVO build.  Here is the basic breakdown of the games.

List
LOC, Greater Gifts X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3
LOC, Greater Gifts X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3
Daemonettes X 20
Daemonettes X 20
Daemonettes X 20
Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

Game 1 - Joe G - CSM - Tzeentch - Ahriman, Sorc in Terminator Armor, 5 Termies with Combi Weapons/Reaper, 15 Cultists w/Tzeetch X 2, 10 CSM Tzeentch, 8 or so Thousand Sons, Helbrute w/MM, Forge Fiend with Hades and Plasma Mouth

Mission - Big Guns Never Tire & Emperors Will

Score - 17 - 3 - Me

My army out classed Joe's and he knew it.  I moved up, got engaged and just grinded down his army. I took his objective and couldn't get mine.  I got first blood, line breaker, and warlord.  He did kill a LOC with Cultists when I got shot down, failed a bunch of saves.  They get extra rations.

Game 2 - Brandon G - Farseer X 2, 2 10 Man Guardians with Brightlance and Wave Serpents, Wraithknight, 8 Man Warp Spyders, Fire Prism, Night Spinner, 5 Rangers

Mission - Big Guns Never Tire, 3 Objectives worth 3 each additional

I frustrated Brandon a bit due to the Warp Storm earning me First blood.  Brandon got aggressive and that gave me his Warp Spyders and 2 Guardian squads when I deep strikes Grinders and blue their torrent of fire all over them.  We killed each other pretty hard and I didn't have a ton of troops.  Daemonettes took out that lovely Wraith Knight and the Warp Storm did well for me.  I did mutate some Rangers after warp firing them and then they failed their 2+ gone to ground save.  I didn't have enough troops to get more points.

Score - 13 - 7 - Me

Game 3 - Shawn - Eldar - 5 Wave Serpants, 2 Wraith Guards, 3 10 Man Guardians, 1 Spirit Seer

Mission - Kill Points & Modified Relic (+1 pt ever turn you hold it)

Score 21 - 5 - Me

Shawn shot me a lot, I got there and punched all his tanks.  After I got a few down it was just a grind for me too.  I had to show him that if you stun a vehicle, then blow it up the guys inside are stunned too and can't shoot.  Remember that when you don't destroy it on the first punch.  I left Shawn with a Spirit Seer I couldn't kill cuz he was invisible and made some 4+ saves from my other Lord of Change.

I got 2nd overall so not to bad.

Things I liked.

Deepstriking Grinders are good and fleet on them helps.
Daemonette blobs are good - will paint another 20 maybe for Adepticon.
LoC's really only get powers that are ok for them and I really missed Telepathy or Biomancy.
Wave Serpents shoot too much.

Paint List - Modified due to the LVO taking out a chunk of my time - will just post stuff I plan on doing in the next few weeks.  LVO report will be coming after I get back.

Me.
Daemonettes X 14 - I have another 6 painted somewhere so I will just do the 14.
Plastic Dudesmen - Done and it is a decent one.
Article before I leave - no idea yet.
Maybe one more Gun Daemon Prince so I can have 3 Dildo princes - not built

Don
Revenant Titan - need to build

Jens
12 Objective Marker thingies - just got them cleaned
20 Pink horrors - 10 built
Fire Raptor - Built - need to get the base right and how it sits on it.
More stuff in a box.

Luis
20 Ultramarines - need to get shoulder pads - might just do them without the one.
More Flesh Tearers - got Storm Ravens, Drop Pods, etc

Will
Bunch of CSM stuff to do - LR and other things

Plus some others might be coming in - new biker army for Marines to do and maybe some  Fantasy stuff.  I never stop eh?

What I am thinking of bringing to the LVO.

Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gifts X 2, Lvl 3
LoC, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3
Daemonettes X 19
Daemonettes X 19
Daemonettes X 19
Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
DP, Wings, Armor, MoS, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2

1748

It is simple, clean and shows all my nice newly painted models.  Good times eh?

Models - I have some more with Cryx - but I need to seal them and the weather is meh.  Jerks!
The last of the 60.

Come at me Bro!!!

First one done

Second one done... I am a machine!

4 comments:

swanson4969 said...

Been running very similar lists to yours with daemons and really like it. I just run two units of Daemonettes and a couple of other squads just for variety.

Xaereth said...

Cool story bro. :)

When are you getting to Vegas? Me and CJ will be there around 8 or 9 PM on Thursday - we'll have to get a beer or something.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

I think I owe you a beer for the new kiddo!

What day was he born? The 13th or 14th?

And yeah I like the massed Daemonettes. They are a pain in the rear.

Unknown said...

So been skimming through your blog and it's been a great read and a ton of quality inspiration for making and painting unique daemons.

Got some noob questions though as I've only collected daemons not played more than one game in two years..however that's about to change hence the questions:
1) I thought MoN and phleghm was the way to go on the grinders. I really like the offensive approach with MoS and deep strike but how do you usually utilize them on a general basis?
2) In Norway 1500 points is the norm, how would you recommend setting up the troop slots? I have 15 daemonettes, 15 horrors, 10 plaguebearers and over 30 letters.

Yeah so as you see, pretty noob but at least I'm admitting it ;)