Saturday, December 20, 2014

Goatboy's Sunday Thoughts



Man babies suck up your time.  As does the fiscal end of month.  Woohoo.  But I am surviving and striving and driving and... painting still?  Woohoo!

I think I have to veto doing an Ork army for LVO.  I just don't have the time to get a new one ready to go.  This means I have to go Chaos of some sort.  Lists coming in a bit after I write up some paint list/thought stuff etc.  But it makes me sad about the Orks.  I still have ideas on how to get it to work - just not finding the time to get it done and practiced with.  Poops!

I did get a game in with Nick - played a meh Chaos Space Marine list as I still had all the pieces pulled out.  It was

Sorcer X 2 on Bikes
Chaos Lord on Juggernaut with stuff
30 Cultists
1 Sicarian
2 Helblades
2 Set of Chaos Spawn
3 Maulerfiends

He kicked my butt as I didn't roll well for penetration and other hits and just got left hanging in the wind.  It was alright as I tricked him last time and he didn't fall for it and went after the right squad.  I really hate the damn Saint from the sisters.   That lady rocks so many units with her super sword and pain in the ass deep strikes haha.  Too many heavy flamers dammit.  Still it was fun to get a game in even though it was a butt whooping.

Ok paint list

Me
3 Units of Nurglings I need to buy and build
3 More Horde arts for Frontline gaming
Some arts for Frontline based on drop zone commander
Art for design idea etc
Maybe work on Comic idea to doodle - will see if the week is slow enough

Mike K
11 more sisters of battle - primed
Lots of vehicles

Don S
Some Cryx stuff - some are built already - priming them now

Caleb
NecroOrk Stompa - this is where my Ork time is going to go

Luis
Flesh Tearers stuff

Woot - nothing too nutty - but yeah.  I am sure some other stuff will come in too that I will need to get done.  Waiting on this Knight stuff to get in to work on.  Woohoo!

Let's get on with LVO lists.

LVO List one - Basic and totally Copy and Paste nonsense

CSM Daemons + CSM Daemons Ally

HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

Ally
HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

1850 pts of pure nonsense.  I have 4 Obj Secured troops which isn't bad.  I have armor 13 vehicles that are a pain and fast plus 3 Flying Dildo princes.  It looks like it could work - and I just need to paint up 3 sets of Nurglings and maybe another Grinder.  I will probably do another Gun prince as they will match the other ones.  So simple - basic and I think actually fun to play.  I go big and get involved haha.

The other one has more tricks involved.  In the form of dropping the ally and getting in a CSM - summoning function.

CSM Daemons + Black Leegion

HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent
Heavy: Soul Grinder, MoS, Baleful Torrent

Ally - Black Legion
HQ: DP, MoN, Wings, Armor, Eternal Warrior Skull, Gift of Mutation, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer

This one just needs to get one box of Nurglings and I have everything else done already.  It has the summoning suite needed on the MoN price plus he won't die to some random Strength 10 shot if he gets it in the end.  The Dragon is still good and I feel having 3 could still be pretty scary for a lot of armies to face.  Look at something like this and get sad at the FW cost.

Crimson Slaughter

HQ: Bel'Akor
HQ: CSM Sorcerer, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Prophet of Voices, Melta bombs, Gift of Mutation
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Possessed X 5, MoT, Chaos Rhino, Combi-Melta
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
Heavy: Sicarian, Hvy Bolters, Malefic Ammunition
Heavy: Sicarian, Hvy Bolters, Malefic Ammunition
Heavy: Sicarian, Hvy Bolters, Malefic Ammunition

I mean - this looks dumb as heck but it shoots a lot.  Plus those dragons are going to suck for anyone. I went with Be'lakor because it gives you shrouding automatically.  This is a help versus a lot of armies and keeps your Sicarians tough to remove.  If not Bel - I guess you could go into just Sorcerers but I think the Possessed one is just going to be summoning stuff.  It probably won't work but man - bullets will be coming at you from all over the place.  The CSM sorcerer is built this way so I could get 3 Sicarians.

Stupid - if I could do more then 2 sources Orks.

Ork Horde Detachment + Great Waagh Detachment + Greentide

Greentide
5 Units of 9 Slugga Boyz + Nob w/PK
5 Units of 10 Slugga Boyz
Warboss, PK

Ork Horde
HQ: Warboss, Bike, PK, Finkin Cap - Warlord
HQ: Mad Doc
HQ: Painboy, Warbike
Troops: Gretchin X 10
Troops: Gretchin X 10
Troops: Gretchin X 10
FA: Deff Koptas X 5, TWL Rokkits X 5

Great Waagh
HQ: Warboss, Bike, PK, Da Big Bosspole
HQ: Warboss, Bike, PK
Elites: Tank Bustas X 5, Bomb Squigg
Troops: Gretchin X 10
Troops: Gretchin X 10

You have the big ole tide sitting in front then you have the Deff Squad running around causing issues.  You want to roll strategic and if you get lucky you can put all kinds of in the middle of the board and just be a huge threat.  Plus that bike squad is pretty dang scary to look at.  But again - 3 sources so sad panda pants.  Plus that is a lot of gretchin haha.

Bah!!! So lets get onto something I don did. 

First some Frontline Gaming art for battle reports.


Now some other arts.
And finally some arts for a team thing.  I like how the Daemon came out.
Some models to look at too.








3 comments:

Terminus Est said...

The spam CSM list looks pretty sicko !!!

Ross said...

Loving the flying circus lists. How do you protect against drop pods and alpha strikes in general if you don't get the first turn?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

You plan for it - see what they can drop on you and protect the DP's. Round up the 4 Grinders to make it hard for them to get a hit and then punish them for coming slow close afterwards haha.