Friday, January 15, 2016

Post Post Post Post! - YAY!



I've been trying to write this for a couple days.  Work has been crazy, birthday this last Wednesday, and then not feeling awesome a day after the birthday.  If you know me - lactose is my enemy and I paid for it with some ranch.  Damn you!!!

So with that - lets get to posting.
Paint List
Me
BOLS article - got an idea - maybe it will be good.
Art for logo thing - drawn need to tweak
Art for Adepticon Team that I do for a group of guys every year - need to redraw
Build/paint another 3 bikes for LVO army if I want to have different looking stuff  -
Maybe tweak some Dark Angel bikes using knife and pain

Carl
Finish more bikes!  I am not far away from the basic bikes then a bunch of attack bikes.  Looking to get a lot knocked out this weekend

Luis
More Iron hands - got 11 sitting on the paint tray - 5 done 6 of them left out of that batch

Nick
More bikers to do and maybe Tau later on

Don
Some random stuff - will pull out soon as I get out of bike apocalpyse

Kiser
Techpriest - done
2 Sisters - primed
Some tank thingies and I think more sisters?

Who knows what else - I got people asking me to do stuff - maybe some daemons - maybe some other things - will see.

Played a local 3 round ITC event with my initial LVO list.

WS CAD / Knights Baronial

Tech Marine, Bike, Conversion, Hunters Eye
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Meltagun X 2
Bikes X 3, Meltagun X 2

Baronial Court
Double Gun Knight, Battlecannon, Ironstorm thingie rocket (cheaper one)
Warden Knight, Ironstorm thingie rocket
Warden Knight, Ironstorm Thingie rocket

RD 1 - Foot Nids
Guy wasn't feeling well and we have played this match up before. I ended up stomping things away and the ignore cover conversion beamer kills malanthropes pretty good.  He quit on me and it sucked cuz I didn't know how rough my army was coming in.  I should have brought something easier as it was a more fun event - my bad on this one.

RD 2 - Marine formations - Skyhammer, Cents in pod, some white scars etc
This one had my knights weather all the shooting first turn, then kill both sets of Devs first turn.  Survive the next batch of centurions and then my stuff comes in, ignores cover and shoots things.  I just shot things all day killing anything that I saw.  Barrage did a lot of wounds, just didn't kill stuff :(.  Still I think it works.  No Knights died.  Ended rd 4 with a table.

RD 3 - War Convocation
Round 1 - Baron survived the Haywire shots with 1 Hull point - I killed everything that came including the pods.  Next round the Baron died to the drop in Grav guys - I think killed all of them leaving 1 knight and some dudes across the field.  Player conceded.

Overall the army worked well - the bikes helped out, I had enough guns to do what I wanted and the Tech marine pulled some nonsense with down range ignore cover shooting.  Strength 10, AP 1 is a bit rough when you can get it.  You can kill those guys hiding in the back field.

I ended up winning as I maxed each round.  I won the random prize to so enh... good times.  Paid for most of a Culexus assassin with the prize so not too bad.

Overall I liked the army and played another test game versus a Wolf Star with White Scars.

Played this
Tech Marine, Bike, Conversion, Hunters Eye
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Meltagun X 2, Attack Bike MM

Baronial Court
Knight Warden, Ironstorm
Knight Warden, Ironstorm
Knight Warden, Ironstorm

Round one - I started to barrage out doggies.  And put wounds on the Command squad and Chapter Master.  His Centurions came in, landed a bit off and I was able to get a charge off with a Knight to remove them all.  After that I just put wounds on the big blob and started to kill off stuff.  Chapter master died to an exploding Knight as he got taken out by 2 Iron Priests and a WGBL.  No 6's were rolled for the Stomps and one on the Sword attacks that ate a poor doggie.  Once I killed the Chapter Master we called it as I could just kill everything on the board between 2 knights and a bunch of Objective Secured Bikes.

So far the list I want to bring for LVO looks like.

Tech Marine, Bike, Conversion, Hunters Eye
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Grav Gun X 2
Bikes X 3, Meltagun X 2
Bikes X 3, Meltagun X 2

Baronial Court
Knight Crusader, Battlecannon upgrade, Ironstorm
Knight Warden, Ironstorm
Knight Warden, Ironstorm

I need to see if having the one set of Battle Cannons is worth it.  I think it might be but who knows.  The Meltaguns are enh but there are times you want to just murder a Drop pod and these guys will do it.

Will see if I get another test game or two - I want to try out Gerantus to see if he works out and is something worth wile to add in.  Will see.

Here are some stuffs.

Did some quick Kingdom death stuff for BOLS.



Bikers for Carl - getting there.


My new bikers for my Armies - utilized as Grav gun bikes or Meltagun bikes for KDK - got this KDK idea but I need another thirster.

Walking Tech marine with  Conversion beamer - Idea is to use him with some Centurions to split fire off with the beamer. I had random bits left over after conversions.  If someone wants him shoot me an email.


Iron hands - more incoming next post.


No comments: