Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Goatboy's 40k Things!

You will start to see more lists posted by me on Bols utilizing Special Characters. I write so many damned lists it is about time I used some of that crazy thoughts :). Sorry Brent - but look I won't say a damned thing about the crazy Dreadnought builds. I swears Brent - heh.

So this week there is a team tournament at the location store. 1500 pts per army, FOC per army, and abilities don't work between the armies (no FNP from the Sippie Cup for my SW). I was originally going to play my Daemons in what I thought was a regular tournament but for this team one I will just go ahead with some SW to throw down. Here is my first list thought.

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Saga of the Bear, Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, Runic Armor, Fenris Wolves X 2
HQ: Rune Priest, Chooser of the Slain, Murderous Hurricane, Living Lightning
Elites: Wolf Scouts X 5, Plasma Pistol, Meltagun, MoW
Elites: Wolf Guard X 4, Power Armor X 4, Power Weapon X 1, Powerfist X 2, MoW
Troops: Grey Hunters X 8, Flamer, Power Weapon, MoW, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters X 9, Melta, Power Weapon, MoW, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters X 9, Melta, Power Weapon, MoW, Rhino
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, ML X 5
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, HB X 5

I know the Grey Hunters are set up to be similar but I feel you need a solid troop base, no matter what army. Darkwynn is my partner and he is bring some Blood Angels/Sippie Cup Drinkers. It should be interesting as I hope I have a good enough solid base to give the glass jawed Blood Angels some nice back up as needed. This store does a lot more comp thus some of the non optimized choices. Also the Wolf Scouts are built that way and I don't really want to change them out. If I had my choice I would probably have 2 of them with Meltagun, MoW as the only choices. I think the coming of Devastators and Long Fangs warrants the need of the outflank super Goat men.

Other fun stuff for my Daemons list. I need to get Crushers, DP, and convert more stuff. I am just never done with armies eh?

2000 pt list

HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Chariot of Tzeentch
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch, Breath of Chaos, Chariot of Tzeentch
HQ: Herald of Khorne, Juggernaut, Fury of Khorne, Unholy Might
HQ: SkullTaker, Juggernaut
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 6, Unholy Might
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 6, Unholy Might
Elites: Bloodcrushers X 3, Unholy Might, Icon of Chaos
Troops: Plaguebearers X 5
Troops: Plaguebearers X 5
Troops: Plaguebearers X 5
FA: Seekers of Slaanesh X 10, Icon of Chaos
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze
Heavy: Daemon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze

This is about as spammie as you can get. I also feel it is about as good as you can get with Daemons. It is consistent with all its drop choices. Each choice has its specific job and design to work around. I need to get 2 boxes of crushers and a DP to finish it. Other options I have to tweak the list is the Super Big Nurgle DP, Chariot Heralds of Khorne and some Horrors too. I will still play the original list design as it is a lot less spam heavy with more wacky options. But if I had to play a heavy tournament I would bring this for a different change of pace that isn't so Goat related heh.

I just had my 1 year anniversary with the wifey. I just have to say she rocks as she still lets me play with these silly plastic toys. She only gives a little bit of shit for throwing dice and being consumed by statistics. Also the art sale is still going on too - so if you want some art shoot me an email and I can hook you up. $25.00 dollars.

Latest piece I did below. Hopefully more to come as I feel a bit ready to get started on doing more art. Fun times.

6 comments:

TJ Atwell said...

have you ever thought of Slaanesh princes in your daemon list, they seem like they could work pretty well with the rest of it.

Terminus Est said...

The Nurgle DP is too bad ass to pass up bro .

G

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Slaanesh just doesn't do it as the lack of any real shooting, nor the ability to get somewhere to punch something is worth the +1 to initiative/grenades etc. The Nurgle is just a better combat option while the Tzeentch becomes a pseudo dreadnought for the army.

And I know, the Nurgle DP just looks good hah.

Anonymous said...

How can you put unholy might on your Bloodcrushers?

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

You can't - it is fury. - I mixed it up.

Anonymous said...

Whew ok! I was like OMG crushers are god mode and I didn't even realize it!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.