Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Sorry for the Late Post - Back Pain sucks butt



It really shits on your productivity.  And I have been busy at work so I am a bit drained.  I need to get this last night of my 3 finished.  The Tzeentch one will take longer and as most of the time I can only take 3 it makes it hard to get the drive to get a 4th haha.

Love the new Ork stuff.  Super sweet things.  Someone pointed out to me about some new Daemon nonsense that sounds right up my ally as I like to play Slaanesh and FMC.  Something to do with  those cool gun DP's hehehe.  Speaking of Daemons - my crazy Grinder with the exploding monster face got dropped by myself.  I can fix it but it makes me sad to look at it.

Ok paint list I hope to get done this week through some aching and pains.

Me.
Article - Got an Idea - will see
Plastic Dudesmen - Need to redraw it - but I like it
Nurgle Knight - Want to try and get it done before I leave next week for Spikey Con
Logo Art - Drawn need to scan and color
Logo Art - Dragon for team then we get team member stuff

Chris
Dark Elf stuff

Don
Pink Horrors X 13 - Done
Chaos Hounds X something - not done - need to rebuild and get on bases

Geoff
Evil Hive Tyrant of Chaos - Done!

Ben
Chapter Master Build - Done!

Tim
New Commission - Marines - gonna pull out some this weekend I hope

Greg
AM stuff - waiting to get the style/design/start etc

Caleb
NecroOrk Monolith - Done!
NecroOrk Pylon - not done - will be done this weekend and first box is done.

Luis
2 More Rhinos
Assault Troopers

I got 4 games in of 7th.  Don't think the summoning thing is going to be as big as people think it is.  Eldar is still probably too good and that is the issue.  Got some ideas to hopefully fix the psychic phase.  I plan on talking about it but here are the initial thoughts.

1. Limit WC dice - make a total limit and that is all you can do.  You can have more casters but you only get so many etc.  It kind of bones Daemons but really the game goes into who goes after the big bad ass spell (Invisiblity) and if you can stop it.  There is some Sanctuary issues as well - but really the big thing is trying to stop Fortune or Invisibility.  Those are the two big spells.

2. Limit how much a caster can use in a spell.  +1 or +2 over their level.  That would mean more spells are cast etc - but you have a chance to stop the big spell.  Spells would become more of a bonus and if you might get something cool off.  Most armies would move away from that or just see it as extra bonuses.  The armies that have psychics always involved will stay the same - Nids, Daemons, etc.

3. Make denies on Blessings follow the bonus's you get when you are targeted.  The thoughts are +1 for caster or the Admantium Will and maybe a +1 for a higher caster level.  I think just +1 to make it a 5+ is probably correct but will see.  I think it will help versus the smaller casts but maybe not the bigger ones.  I see people just throwing more dice so it will lessen the overall casting level.   The armies without casters will still suffer but maybe they have a chance.

Current Army thoughts - I am just waiting on Orks to really go apeshit but hey - I still thinking of Chaos stuff.  It never ends Chaos Rules ALL!!

Black Legion
HQ: Sorcerer, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar, Last Memory
HQ: Sorcerer, Bike, Sigil of Corruption, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
Troops: CSM X 5, Meltagun, Rhino, Combi-Melta, Dirge Caster
Troops: CSM X 5, Plasmagun, Rhino, Combi-Plasma, Dirge Caster
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Heldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Fortification: Vengeance Battery X 2, Quad Lascannon X 2

1850 and looks goofy - Go for Telepathy to get Invis and Shrouding - those Maulerfiends will run around and punch things pretty strong - shrouding will help a lot.  Hrm... might need to build up those Maulerfiends and Slaughter Brute.  Hehe.

Models.
Old Skool Horrors! It's like they are at a Concert!

EnControl (sp?) commissioned me to make a Chaos Tyrant to match his army.

Hive Tyrant, Necron Bits, Forge Fiend Bits, and Smoke Launchers.

Oh yeah and Green Stuff.  Thanks Tentacle Maker!


More Tanks.  A few more rhinos coming.


Chapter Master on Bike with Shield Eternal and Thunder Hammer.


2 comments:

Ross said...

Love those horrors man! They're so goofy and weird!

greggles said...

The hive tyrant is drool worthy. I love it.