Sunday, October 12, 2014

Goatboy's Very Late post



Sorry for the lack of an update.  No baby yet - but lots of baby stuff and life stuff.  Plus frustrating trying to pay new car payment dammit.  But blah blah blah - more game stuff!

Paint list - will see how much I get done while baby is coming.  When I am running on very little sleep doing somewhat mindless things keeps me going.  Painting falls in that category while drawing doesn't so much.  Will see what I end up doing.

Me.
Nothing really - got charity model done so really I would like to get 2 more mauler fiends fiends but will see.
Some art - got some stuff to get done for Frontline and others.

Travis
More Cryx - gonna try to get that done in the 3 weeks I have off for the baby.

Caleb
NecroOrks - gonna get more knocked out.

Brandon
Test Bikers for Legion of the damned - got my initial one done - will get the 5 done in a few days.

Tim
Start to pull out the biker guys.

Will
10 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

Greg
More IG/Inq things.

These are all things I want to hit in the next 3 weeks.  Plus I have Don's Cygnar stuff and other fun things.  And my stuff - I still want to do the Greentide for myself.

Feast is going on while I write this.  I am sure I would have played in the invitational.  Since I wouldn't have had time to get a Greentide list working I would have played some kind of CSM/Daemon built.  Summoning plus a fast rush as I feel that would working a 1500 pt environment.

HQ: Chaos Lord, MoK, Juggernaut, Powerfist, Lightning Claw, Sigil of Corrpution, Gift of Mutation
HQ: Bel'Akor
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Maulerfiend

HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Lvl 3
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Lvl 3
Troops: Pink Horrors X 16

1500 pts - I can make more guys to cover the score - start at 12 WC dice so I should be able to cast spells.  I could go with a non Bel'Akor option too - but man this looks good.  Kind of wonder if I should get Lasher Tendrils on the Maulerfiends but again this is an idea list that I might have taken.

I like the Greentide too - here is the initial design build I think might work out.

Greentide plus Ork Horde Detachment

Greentide
HQ: Warboss, Power Klaw, Supa Cybork Body
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Eavy Armor, Nob, PK
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Eavy Armor, Nob, PK
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Eavy Armor, Nob, PK
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Nob, PK
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Nob, PK
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Nob, PK
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Nob, Big Choppa
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10, Nob, Big Choppa
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10
Troops: Slugga Boyz X 10

Ork Horde:
HQ: Mad Doc
HQ: Warboss, Power Klaw, Lucky Stix
HQ: Weird Boy, Lvl 2
Troops: Gretchin X 10
Troops: Gretchin X 10
Troops: Gretchin X 10
Heavy: Mek Guns X 3, Traktor Cannon X 3
Heavy: Mek Guns X 5, Smasha Guns X 5
Fortification: Aegis Line, Ammunition Dump

1850 on the nose.  Lots of bodies - ways to make more with the Caster or go Santic if I want.  It might work.  It looks interesting for sure.  Too bad the Mek guns are expensive.

Oh some art and minis - I did finish some work.

NecroOrk Trukk - Ghost Ark... etc

FoB Army - Troop Choice # 1

FoB Army - Troop Choice # 2

Charity Model


Inquisitor Land Raider Crusader


I do hates me some metal models haha.

Some art for Steve Turner.

More Frontline arts.
Could be a poster design - at least what I colored today.



3 comments:

swanson4969 said...

Thomas
I would go with at least one with tendrils. That way when they gang up on a knight they can knock its attacks down to one. I really want to build that Khorne lord. I would make him crimson slaughter and give him the horns for +1 str on the charge.

greggles said...

The necron-ork trukk is inspired. Really great idea and well done!

Brent said...

I need to commission a new strictly average banner. No ideas – just go crazy!