Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Goatboy's Thursday? Man days get blurry



I am still painting!  I knocked out a bunch of stuff over the last few weeks.  Can't really do art but dammit I can paint!  Hahahaha.  Let's go with a paint list then some list nonsense.  I ordered the FW book and hopefully it will be here soon.  Got the Glothkin book too as I am sucker for that fluffy stuff at times.

Paint List

Me
Article for BOLS - maybe something neat?
Sicarian - it is primed - gonna finish it this weekend
Maulerfiend - it is a weird one with wheel leg thingies - but it might work.
Build 3rd fiend

Nick R
Finish off small sisters squad - Done!
10 Repentia - Done!

Tim V
Knight # 2
Knight # 3?
LR
Drop Pod

Luis P
Death  Company Dread fix up

Caleb
NecroOrk Stompa

I think some other stuff too so who knows I am sure I am missing something.  I got some things sitting there waiting for me to get some major time to rework - a Nid Army.  It might see some work as Sean won the 11th Company via Lictor Shaming.  Heck I might have to work on a plastic model Lictor conversion at some point.  The new plastic venonthropes give some nice tentacle heads.  Hrm...

Played a game this past weekend with the following.

CSM Crimson Slaughter/CSM Allies

HQ: Sorc, Lvl 3, Bike, Spell Fam, Force Axe, Meltabombs
HQ: Sorc, Lvl 3, Bike, Spell Fam, Force Axe, Meltabombs
HQ: Sorc, Lvl 3, Bike, Spell Fam, Force Axe, Meltabombs
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Hellblade, Rending Autocannons
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Sicarian, Hvy Bolters Sponsons, Rending Bullets, Dirge Caster

Played versus Nick Rose and ended up winning on Primary and First Blood.  We misplayed the Saint but really it didn't matter in the end as I used Shrouding bubbles to keep a lot of stuff alive via Sacred Missiles from Exorcists and other nonsense.  In the end I took his Emperor's Will Objective and contested mine.  I lost the Maelstrom mission but really you don't have to play for it in these types of scenarios.  It is why I weight the Maelstrom just as high as the primary and the total points add up to the winner.  But meh - metagaming the mission is always a part of the game.

Things I liked.

Hellblade - seems to be pretty good.  It dies if you sneeze at it - but it gives assault armies from CSM a change to pop vehicles and mess up assaults by getting in the way.  They should just cost 115 as you will always buy the upgrade for the 6 TWL rending Autocannons.  Psycannons were good right?

Sicarian - don't waste your points on the sponson upgrades or the rending nonsense.  It isn't worth it.  Still this isn't a terrible tank at all.

Shrouding is the shit for this type of army.  Most of the time.  I got 2 Shroudings, 1 Invisible and 1 Endurance.  Not to bad but you run out of WC dice pretty quick when throwing 2 Shrouds, 1 Invisible and hopefully an Endurance.  I never had the dice for Shriek or Smite etc.  And once a caster ate it I lost a lot of abilities to spread out the mind bullets.  But Spell Familiar is the shit.

I still love my Chaos Spawn haha.

Been brainstorm dumb Ork super kill squad lists.  It utilizes the different formations to make a Hit and Run monster with lots of HQ's running around with Deff Koptas.  Some ideas that just cost to much to make the army.

2 Source Version
Ork Horde Detachment/Morgrok's Bossboyz

Ork Horde
HQ: Warboss, Bike, PowerKlaw, Bosspole
HQ: Warboss, Bike, PowerKlaw, Bosspole
HQ: Mad Doc
Troops: Gretchin
Troops: Gretchin
Troops: Gretchin
FA: Deff Koptas X 5, Buzzsaws X 3, TWL Rokkits
FA: Blitz Bomba
FA: Blitz Bomba
Heavy: Mek Guns X 5, Smasha Gun X 5
Heavy: Mek Guns X 5, Smasha Gun X 5
Heavy: Mek Guns X 5, Smasha Gun X 5

Morgrok's Bossboyz
HQ: Big Mek, Mega Armor - Warlord
HQ: Big Mek, Mega Armor
HQ: Big Mek, Mega Armor
HQ: Warboss, Bike, PowerKlaw, Bosspole
HQ: Weirdboy, Lvl 2

So basically you got a unit of 5 Deffkoptas, 3 Warbosses, Mad Doc, and a Weird Boy.  They are Fearless, have 12 Str 10 Attacks, 4 Str 8 Attacks, 6 Str 7 Attacks, then some Str 3 and Weirdboy nonsense.  The unit is T5 and has hit and run plus FNP.  And it can go somewhat fast at times too.  Not to shabby if I do say so myself.  Oh it also has Scout and everyone has Ere We Go.  Woohoo!

But shit all those Mek Guns would suck to buy too.  Oh yeah the Mega Armored Big Meks go with them so they can move and fire.  T7 jerks will be a pain as well as a ton of AP1 shooting.  The Blitz Bombers are interesting as Bombing runs might be a way to get around invisibility and Jinking.  I have to read up on it more.  But still - ideas!

Look for more Chaos thoughts later on when I get my FW book in.  Now some painted stuff and I call it a night.

A quick Warmachine commission first.








Woot some sisters.

Dark Age models and client wanted different skin tones.  The Purple might be too much but screw it - they look cool and weird.

Black and White Knight is in the house!