Sunday, November 23, 2014

Its Been a Bit - Baby, Life, Work, Etc



Man I am jonesing for a 40k game right now.  Hopefully I can get one next weekend - depending on what happens.  I am trying to make this SATX tournament - but I think family will trump my choices for the weekend :(.  The life of having people you enjoy to be around - sometimes hahaha.

Baby boy continues to get fat and happy.  Hopefully he lets us sleep a bit longer - but will see.  I painted up some more Chaos stuff to allow me to have 3 completed mauler fiends.  I know I used to have some but I sold them awhile ago and have always wanted more.  I wish we had a cool formation for them - could you imagine a unit of 5?  The Brawler Beef squad!

The new changes to the FAQ means Daemons are going to come out in drones during the next few events.  FMC is back - and led by the king jerk face know as Fateweaver.  I understand adding some spells to his heads as it would make sense he would have malefic - but I figure it would be better to just replace one of the "lores" he knows instead of just giving him another.

Look at this list idea I have for just an FMC list - small land simple.

Daemons of Chaos +  Crimson Slaughter

HQ: Fate weaver
HQ: Daemon Prince, MoS, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Lesser Gift, Greater Gift X 2
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Troops: Nurglings X 3
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoT, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoT, Wings, Armor, Lvl 3, Lesser Gift, Greater Gift X 2

HQ: Bel'Akor
Troops: Cultists X 10

Gives you the ability to make "Nurgle DP's" with shrouding off of Bel - you could still just play straight Nurgle with Fate as well.  You could swap the Lesser + 2 Greater Gifts to get an exalted but I don't think you need the portal as much as you used too.  Heck it might be better to put the book on the Slaanesh and have very tough to deal with MoT DP's.  Getting a 2+ reroll cover save off of Bel'Akor might be pretty spicy.

I have this list built out to go play for fun.

Crimson Slaughter + Black Legion

HQ: Sorcerer, Lvl 3, Prophet of Voices, Spell Familiar
HQ: Sorcerer, Lvl 3, Bike, Spell Familiar
Troops: Possessed X 5
Troops: Cultists X 10
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN
FA: Hell Blade, Auto Cannon upgrade
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Heavy: Maulerfiend, Lasher Tendrils
Heavy: Sicarrian Relic Battle Tank

HQ: Sorcerer, Last Memory, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Familiar
Troops: Chaos Cultists X 10
Heavy: Maulerfiend
FA: Hell Blade, Auto Cannon upgrade

This hits 1850 pts - has a summoning circle with the "Daemonic" Sorcerer from Crimson slaughter mixed with some extra wounds to help hide him etc.  It looks like a fun list to goof around with and probably won't lose all its games.  Plus I can say I played possessed haha.  Heck the whole thing is just mutated guys and doesn't get completely overrun with just Cultists.

Let's get me a paint list.

Me
Bols Article - Written - it is about formations
Art for Frontline - gonna have time during the holidays to hopefully draw as work slows down a bit - will see.
Clean up some DP builds to get them working - shit if I do FMC again I will just end up going Slaanesh instead of Tzeentch just cuz I like them better.  But heck who knows.
Fix a Dragon to be the other Hell Blade I need.

Tim
Knight # 3 - will get done by the weekend - then it is fixing some other stuff

Mike K
Sisters of battle - doing them in blocks of 5
Funny Hat IG guys - Command squad is next this week

Luis
Death Company Dread - gonna start fixing it later on today and maybe paint tonight.

Caleb
Finish NecroOrk Stompa to finish off commission - that is my hope this weekend if it isn't raining.

Man the rain in Austin sucked.  I had some things primed at least - but it slowed me down.  Heck I need to see if I can find a game maybe Wednesday night.  Will see if any buddies are still in town.

K - lets get some models to look at.  I have a lot actually to show so good times indeed.

My Siccarin - woot!

This is the non lasher tendril Maulerfiend - I got the Melta thingies added to it.  Zoom zoom!

I just wanted to paint a green one - so thus this one.  

Pink Sisters batch 1

Pink Sisters batch 2

Funny Hats! batch 1

Quick libbie build.

Knight #2 - storm trooper variant

Drew this for Sean cuz it is awesome he Lictor Shamed so many people!



No comments: