Monday, October 22, 2012

Late Monday

This weekend was a bit of a blur.  I had to complete two Forgefiend/Mauler build and paints plus a bunch of other stuff to ensure my weekend to Denver didn't eat my work time.  Beyond that I laid a nice turd on people's ideas on BOLS and just came away thinking of new Chaos builds and other nonsense.  I will be playing CSM for Feast and figured hell I will show you the list I am bringing.

HQ: Chaos Lord, MoS, Bike, Power Axe, Sigil of Corruption, Veteran of the Long War
HQ: Sorcerer Lord, MoS, Spell Familiar, Veteran of the Long War
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch
Elites: Flamers of Tzeentch X 9
Troops: Noise Marines X 15, Sonic Blasters X 15, Icon of Excess
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Cultists X 10
Troops: Horrors of Tzeentch X 8
FA: Helldrake, Baleflamer
FA: Screamers of Tzeentch X 9
Heavy: Forgefiend
Heavy: Havocs X 8, Autocannons X 4
Fortification: Aegis Defense Line, Quad Gun

Weird and different it should be fun.  It has enough bits of stuff to help me out versus most armies.  Demons give a lot to CSM and I would expect more lists with this type of Ally configuration to come out in the coming months. As more people quit bitching about Allies it will end up being a lot more interesting.  I also wrote this tweak to the list I posted on BOLS as well.

HQ: Typhus (Expect to see him in a lot of lists)
HQ: Dark Apostle, MoN, Meltabomb, Boon of Mutation, Bike, Burning Brand
HQ: Epidemius
Troops: Plague Bearers X 7
Troops: Cultists X 28
Troops: Cultistst X 28, MoN, Autogun
Troops: Plague Marines X 7, Plasmagun, Meltabomb
FA: Chaos Spawn X 3, MoN
FA: Chaos Bikers X 7, Meltagun X 2, Power Axe, Boon of Mutation, Meltabomb
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN
Heavy: Havocs X 7, MoN, Autocannon X 4
Fortification: Skyshield

It is an interesting list as everything has different options.  You have other ways to knock the points down but it feels right.  I wish I could MoN the dragon :(.  Or the Forge Fiend.  Oh well.  It does have 19pts left over so I could make a Cultist squad 30 - it just doesn't feel right haha.  SACRED NUMBERS DAWG!

How about this - Kick to the Dick Turn 2 nonsense

HQ: Typhus
HQ: Chaos Lord, Juggernaut of Khorne, MoK Axe of Blind Fury, Burning Brand of Etc, Sigil of Corruption,Veteran of the Long War
Troops: Cultists X 35
Troops: Cultists X 35
Troops: Cultists X 35
FA: Chaos bikers X 10, MoK, Meltagun X 2, Power Weapon, Meltabomb,Veterans of the Long War
FA: Helldrake, Bale Flamer
FA: Helldrake, Bale Flamer
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Maulerfiend
Heavy: Obliterators X 3, MoN

I got 17 points left over and no idea what to do with it. That lord is nutty too - but it just feels - well CHAOS!!!

Alright - enough army nonsense onto my paint list.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Finished two last week so I don't need to do one!  Woohoo!
Commissioned art - got the pieces drawn, need to scan, shade, and get approved to get paid
Fat Nurgle Biker Dark Apostle - Done!
Model for Big Red for Bols - Done - need to tweak the backpack
Might do 3 Obliterator conversions - will see.
Plus maybe put together a homemade Sadness Donut shirt - need to make 3 (Me, Jay, and Brent) before feast.

Jens
Forgefiend #1 - SR. Donkey Kick - Done!
Forgefiend # 2 - Mr. Face - Done!
Both guys got shipped today too.

Luis
8 Tactical Marines - Done!
5 Terminators - Done!
3 Bikerz - Primed! - maybe tonight - I am tired
3 Bikerz - if I get more built tomorrow to do before I leave.

I will have more I am sure this is just what is in my head.  Will see.  I need to buy a color printer to do the shirts real quick and see if there is any interest in them.  If so then I could go to a print on demand place if needed.

Pictures!  Yay!

Horus Heresy guy for Big Red - dual Plasma Pistols and a very beat down model.  

MoN biker lord/Dark Apostle - Fatty McFat - His body was made with Green Stuff and the top of a beastmen from the many I have from the Space Goats.


Two different ones for my Client in Denmark.  Magnetized for all the weapon options as well as becoming a Mauler fiend.  If people are interesting I can give a quote for doing this.


What more Dark Vengeance?  Hehe!

4 comments:

Brandon Griffith said...

Plasma gunslinger Moritats are the way of the future... or past. maybe less far future? whatever. I'm getting one.

Vilicate said...

Aren't a couple of your army lists illegal?

Pretty sure you can't take a sonic blaster on a noise marine champ, and you can't have two chaos artifacts on the same dude?

Other than that, some interesting lists. I like your Typhus list with the huge unit of MoN Cultists, I keep forgetting they can take marks. Should be pretty sick once you get the count up and they're ignoring armor saves and rocking 3+ FnP.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

If you read the options in NSM - it says - Any Noise Marine may replace his boltgun wiwth one of the following - Sonic Blaster for 3 or CCW for free.

They all come with Bolter and bolt pistol - including the champ. You just get to swap out his weapon just like all the others and you can take more options if you want. But he is a NSM still and can swap that bolter.

And on chaos artefacts (love spelling haha) - you can replace one weapon with one of the following. The HQ's come with a CCW and a Bolt pistol so you can swap out either one for a Chaos Artefact. You just can't have two of the same one in an army. But if your guy has all the toys he has all the toys. At most he can take 2 because they only start with 2 weapons they can swap.

It is the same with people saying you can only take one Special Issue wargear - it actually says you can only have one of each of the following etc.

But you can have two crazy artefact weapons if you want and you can upgrade your NSM champ because he has those options to allow for the upgrade.

Real G said...

The Dark Angels look great!