Sunday, May 8, 2011

Goatboy - It is Sunday



Goatboy here - I have gotten two games in with my new Grey Knights list. I like it and I have done ok even with rolling really bad. So that means the list works. There are some changes I want to do - but I have to find the points. Crowe has sucked every time I have played him - but again that is my terrible rolling (missing with his go away power and well - not rerolling well hehe). I think I need to find the armies dice. That is what I need to look for. Something matching haha.

I think Warding Staves might make a comeback into my list as well as a full 10 man squad of Purifiers. Will see after the Alamo tournament and how well I do. So much of the time the tournament scene can be so hit or miss based on just how you are rolling that day. And match ups. Lord at Adepticon I would have loved to fought orks - but it was marine, marine, and more marine for me. I should have played my goats haha.

Let's start with the week's painting

Michael N.
Ork Nobz - 10 of em - Did em today. It is amazing how you stay off a model type for awhile and come back to it like a monster. Looking super good and you will see pics later on this week.
Ork Warboss FW on Bike - Cleaned!

Heroes of Armageddon
Warbuggies (3) - Did 2 so far - look for a post later on this week.
Trukk - In pieces
12 Boyz - In pieces

Michael S
Paint the Ork Bomba - that is right I built it!

Jens
5 Terminators - Need to get them built
1 Rhino - Magnetized - In pieces

Myself
2 Plastic Dudesmen
More art most likely
5 more Floating brains - In pieces
Finish Display Board

So all in all a kinda meh week. Will see how it goes as I finish bits and pieces up. Should be a good time if I can keep my head on straight.

Lately with the GK - hoods suck ass to deal with. Makes the whole - anti psyker bits from the codex look worth wile as you need to kill those assholes before they stop me from killing my justicars with mind meltdowns. Jerks!

Here is a henchmen build I will be moving towards. Crowe + Coteaz

HQ: Crowe - 150pts
HQ: Coteaz - 100pts
Elites: Vindicare - 145pts
Troops: Purifiers X 10, Psycannon X 2, Incinerator, Halberds X 5, Hammer X 1, Stave X 1, Rhino - 340pts
Troops: Purifiers X 10, Psycannon X 2, Incinerator, Halberds X 5, Hammer X 1, Stave X 1, Rhino - 340pts
Troops: Henchmen - Rogue Psyker X 8, Warrior Acolyte, Meltagun, Rhino - 134pts
Troops: Henchmen - Death Cult Assassin x 4, Crusader X 4, Warrior Acolyte X 2, Meltagun X 2, Rhino - 188pts
Troops: Henchmen - Death Cult Assassin x 4, Crusader X 4, Warrior Acolyte X 2, Meltagun X 2, Rhino - 188pts
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt - 135pts
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt - 135pts
Heavy: Dreadnought, TWL Autocannon X 2, Psybolt - 135pts

Comes out to 1990 pts so each thing has a Searchlight. Basically it is another aggressive list with a stay behind "scoring" unit that can throw out a large blast. Coteaz sits in there too. It also gives me a chance to do some cool modeling too. But it means I need to find another damned Rhino. Bastards!

Lets get with some models and then call it a day. I am tired from working extra this weekend to cover the hole a co worker left when he wasn't happy working anymore. Woohoo.





1 comment:

HOTpanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.