Sunday, May 12, 2013

Friday and I got the Day off!

Which means I will be painting models.  I need to get in gear on the Wargames Army - What I have done is below.  Plus I have to mentally prepare for the Alamo.  Ok never mind I will just play games hahaha.  The Tau seem frustrating to play against.  They go completely against what I find enjoyable and if they start to infiltrate a lot of the upper tables it will be an annoying set of games.  They just shoot - which isn't very exciting hah.  But oh well - if that is what people want to play then I will just look forward to seeing them in tournaments and most likely not for funsy's.

I still think Crons are better overall as they cover more of the stuff you need to win.  Still - blargh.  I won't be playing them.  Their rules and cost don't entice me.  But for those wanting more Xenos - this is your year!  I am just waiting on Orks for right now haha.

What I sent to the Alamo people for my list.

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gifts X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3 Caster, Locus of Conjuration
HQ: Herald of Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3 Caster
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Troops: Plague Bearers X 10
Troops: Pink Horrors X 20, Iridescent Horror
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker

Pretty basic and simple.  It might work.  Obviously I have the Book trick and the Portal.  Will see if it ends up being ok.  Blargh indeed!

I don't think the Horror blob will work - as I could easily dump them and get something else.  It is really just thoughts and I think the dog bomb might work with some tricks involved.  Will see.

This is the list that I think I should play - if you wanted just a straight forward Daemon Bomb Smash MC 4000!

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Greater Gift, Exalted Gift, Lvl 3 Psyker
HQ: Lord of Change, Greater Gift X 2, Lesser Gift, Lvl 3 Psyker
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Troops: Pink Horrors X 10, Iridescent Horror
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker
Heavy: Daemon Prince, MoS, Armor, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3 Psyker

Basic and simple.  Fun stuff indeed.

Played a game with my Alamo list.  It did alright - I got owned the first few turns and was able to bring it back when my Daemon opponent didn't get an Iron Arm off and I had one on a flying MoS prince who enfeebled the jerk once.  Instant death whips are pretty good I hear?

You need the level 3's to help get Iron Arm when you need it - and Hallucination as well.  It just gives you more chances.  Fun stuff indeed.

The Wargames Con painted army is coming along - you should see the Dragon in a few days.  Woohoo!  It is a conversion and it should be a nice center piece for the raffle army.

With that - let's look at some models.

More Dark Angels!

30 Jerks!  Set up in small batches of 10 to allow for the winner to have 3 troop choices if they want.

Converted Chaos Lord - the Plague Marines will have the similar evil star fish gut explosion like this guy.

His sword arm was bunk - so I added this.  If you are playing Sorcerer's you should be using Force Staves.  Much better choice then a sword.

Got bored and drew this and colored it after doing Plastic Dudesmen last week.  Bubba wants his bottle!

Alright - with that in mind the paint list at the end as well.

Me
Plastic Dudesmen - Got a script - time to draw
Some Art commissions as well - banners etc.
Wargames Con - Dragon - need to build
7 Plague Marines - Need to build
Figure out my Lord of Change

Jens
Hammerhead - Need to build

Luis
2 More Termies - Primed!
1 Drop Pod - Need to build and finish
more termies?

That is it for now - I am sure there will be others as usual.

2 comments:

Six said...

I tried your second list in a game against an Eldar player (neither of us knew eachother's armies).

He won first turn, so I placed my DP's out of line of sight from his really nasty walkers, but they he just redeployed them.

He had destroyed 1 of my demon princes and left 1 at 1 W by the end of his shooting.

How could I have countered that? Also, it didn't help that I got 0 spells off on my turn. =/

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Terrain is very important for that style of nonsense. And it will be gone in a few weeks hehe - with a new codex coming for Eldar.

Really just plan for it and hide out - and if you have to you can go to ground with the mc to protect and not give up first blood if need be.

But it is a hard one and expect it from a lot of armies.