Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Weekly Post... And stuff...



Man I have had a headache since this morning.  It has been a very very long day for me. Last week was a rough week at work and this one isn't much better.  But hey - I got all next week off to lick my wounds and continue on.

Paint wise - I am in a weird place as I have some projects done, some other stuff waiting, and some other things that are about to start.  Lots of stuff to do as usual - and a way to make sure I can get to the LVO and maybe get that Ipad Pro do some cool ass art with.  Will see.

Ok - lets get on to a paint list and then some chatter on army lists.

Me
Got all my BOLS articles written for next week as well as my assigned Frontline stuff - might grab some more will see.
Got some test ideas to do a new all horseman of the apocalpyse army idea.
Built a test Sigmar guy as my GK libbie with hammer thing - need to green stuff and add some more stuff.

Luis
2 More Assassins built and ready to Prime
Then I think it is onto a Heresy Iron Hands army
Also one more piece of art I need to finish

Don
Pull out some non GW models - probably get some built and painted this next week

Nick R
Start some Tau and finish up some heresy model building
Attack bikes for the units I painted up

Carl
Cleaned up bikes - have to reprime and hope the grey doesn't kill it again.

Not a ton of stuff really - need to pick up some small work to help alleviate Christmas costs etc.  Next year should have my promotion so random bills won't be so randomly mean.  If only I could dodge those encounters haha.

I am going to read up on the Word Bearers for a Heresy army. That seems to be the Legion I like the most and would let me hopefully continue on into some Chaos Space Marines if the rumors hold up.  Of course I now want to do a Horseman of the Apocalpyse army utilizing some Super Friends nonsense.  The combo thing I have written about in the past - but Basically Word Bearers, Iron Warriors mash up that is really Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Clan Raccoon.  I just really hope we get a sweet Chaos Space Marine book.

Initial Dual Star list

Dark Angels Ravenwing Detachment
Sammie - Horseman #1
Chaplain, Bike - Horseman #2
Ravenwing Command Squad X 5, Apocathery
Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav Guns X 2, Combi-Grav
Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav Guns X 2, Combi-Grav
Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Meltaguns X 2, Combi-melta

Clan Raccoon Ally
Chapter Master, Art Armor, Bike, Powerfist, Gorgon's Chain - Horseman #3
Command Squad X 5, Bikes, Storm Shields X 4, Grav Guns X 3, Apocathery
Scout Squad X 5

SW Champs Detachment
Wolf Guard Battle Leader, Thunder Wolf, Runic Armor, SS, Powerfist - Horseman #4
Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyber Wolves X 4
Iron Priest, Thunder Wolf, Cyber Wolves X 4

Basically dual stars - randomly annoying guys who can go get objectives with decent guns, and a theme if I wanted to paint it.  Thought about using the New Chaos Guys as the Thunder Wolves, Regular Chaos Knights as the characters on Bikes, and them Marauder Horsemen for the other ones to make sure it is all different.  It might look neat as a raging barbarian army of doom.

Beyond that I keep thinking of doing dumb things with my Knights.

Like Gallant thing and something that gets me a bunch of MSU Bikes.

Gallant Knight, Storm Spear Rocket
Gallant Knight, Storm Spear Rocket
Gallant Knight, Storm Spear Rocket

Ravenwing Detachment
HQ: Librarian, Bike, Lvl 2, Force Axe, Melta Bomb
HQ: Librarian, Bike, Lvl 2, Force Axe, Melta Bomb
FA: Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav gun X 2
FA: Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav gun X 2
FA: Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav gun X 2
FA: Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav gun X 2
FA: Ravenwing Bike Squad X 3, Grav gun X 2

I mean it looks dumb - these Knights are there to die and if they hit something - well they are gonna punch it to death.  And randomly enough the Dark Angel guys are annoying with reroll saves everwhere versus other armies.  Plus I could do the Dark angel powers for nonsense.

Hopefully I can get a game or two with the week off so I can get more practice with the BA/GK thing before LVO.  Unless I get a wild hair up my butt I think that is the army to mess around with.  Sure I can get shot off the table but meh - that means the game can be fun.  Plus I am throwing my lot into the hopes to not play some things.  Will see.

Art and Painting stuff


 Evil knight for the win!  I bought a used one and fixed it up for a client.


 So many Black Knight bikers!
 Found these in a pile of stuff - One client loves the old metal stuff so bammo - he got some!
More half and half Bikers for Nick.  I have some Attack bikes to do and the bike lot is finished then some heresy marines.

No comments: