Sunday, February 23, 2014

Goatboy's Monday - Woohoo



If you are not watching True Detective... well you should be watching True Detective from HBO.  Holy butt crap it is amazballz.   The best thing on TV right now.  Woo dawg.  Soon Vikings is back and a lot of sitcoms I feel like finishing are going to end.  Woohoo.  Almost Human is pretty good too and so was Sleepy Hollow.  Woot - if I could only review stuff for a living haha.

Comic Wise this is the list you should be reading.
Saga
Manhatten Project
Uber
Manifest Destiny
Sixth Gun
Sex Criminals
Casanova
East of West
Fatale
Velvet
Revival
She Hulk
Wake
American Vampire

And others I am sure - just things I can think of now.  Rob will give me crap for what I missed for sure.  Jerk!  I dumped all the X books except for Wolverine and the Xmen.  I just can't stand spending 3.99 on those damned books that just seem to go in circles.  Meh!  MEH!

But enough of that right?

Ok quick thing - I have added a for sale site to this page.  I put up some Daemon Princes/Greater Daemons for those interested.  The prices are on there plus what you get when you order it etc.  If you want one - click here and then email me what you want.

What do you think of those Knights?  I like them and think they could shake up some competitive 40k.  It would change up what you brought to lists and I will write up my first - list idea for this nonsense.  I think it is a doozy and should give most list a run for their money.

Let's get my paint list first

Me
Article for BOLS - Written
Plastic Dudesmen - No idea yet
Super Crazy Soul Grinder - I started him tonight - just you wait to see it.
3 Play Mats for an event - all different games etc.  Should be done by this weekend.
Get in the Van Drawing
Guardian Cup art
Maybe some big poster designs for Mr. Murphy
I think some others if I get more people talking to me.

Luis
10 More Flesh Tearers - Built need to base and prime
Start on some Vehicles probably too.

Don
Revenant Titan - It is soaking to remove resin crap

Iainka
RPG Character - need to build and paint

Steve
Doomrider DP base - Doomrider himself is painted.

I got 2 deposits - one for 2 Knights before Adepticon and another for some NecroOrks.  I did some test paint of them earlier last year so this one should be fun.  The build was done by Calleb from White Metal Games.

I finished up a small commission this weekend and that will show up below in the arts/minis/etc section.  Woot.  Now that list.

Inquistion + Knights - 1750 list

HQ: Coteaz
Troops: 5 Acolytes, Storm Bolters, LRC, Psybolt, Multi-Melta
Troops: 5 Acolytes, Storm Bolters, LRC, Psybolt, Multi-Melta
Troops: 5 Acolytes, Storm Bolters, LRC, Psybolt, Multi-Melta

Knight Errant
Knight Errant

The two big Knights are your Dreadknights basically and now you have 5 Scoring units.  Move up, protect your butt and cause some damage.  I am sure you can do it with regular Grey Knights too if you wanted too.  Go with two LRC's and then maybe a Dreadknight too?

HQ: Coteaz
Troops: 5 Strike GK
Troops: 5 Strike GK
Heavy: LRC, MM, Psybolt
Heavy: LRC, MM, Psybolt
Heavy: Dreadknight, Personal Teleporter, Hvy Incinerator

Knight Errant
Knight Errant

That one doesn't look terrible either.  It is small and seems effective.  Plus it can rush and punch those Seer Council in the dicks haha.  Right now this is what I am probably bringing to Adepticon to lose 1 game and not be in the top 16 haha.

HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
HQ: Keeper of Secrets, Lvl 3, Greater Gift X 2
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 8
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, MoS
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, MoS
Heavy: Soul Grinder, Baleful Torrent, MoS

Meh it looks fast and goofy - but it won't win enough.  Meh!!! Maybe I should go fiends plus FMC?  No Grinders?

HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
HQ: DP, MoS, Wings, Greater Gift X 2, Lvl 3
Elites: Fiends of Slaanesh X 6
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20
Troops: Daemonettes X 20

BL HQ: Sorcerer, Bike, Last Memory, Lvl 3, Force Stave, Sigil of Corruption
BL Troops: Cultist X 10
BL FA: Chaos Spawn X 5, MoN

This one looks more fun - fast too.  Enh... I want more fiends... BAH!!! I could do 2 LoC instead of 2 DP's.  Save 50 pts and get another  Fiend... blargh!  No portal too!  Screw that mess.

Ok enough of that - some minis.

Dr. Rockso!  He will have a base he can go on that is for a DP.

BULLETS!

I think I have done - wait - almost 20 of these guys?

Wha??? I have never painted these before.

I had 3 things to do - the LR is a bit beaten up - wanted to try some orange mixed into break it apart on the table top.

Some Slaanesh love!


2 comments:

Tim said...

Goatboy,
I have some ideas for a comic strip. Introspective thoughts of a Mid-Life Crisis Suit. He is staring at a mirror with thought bubbles saying things like "I bet if I really wanted to, I could win an assault." "I wonder if I could find gorkamorka on ebay." "Man, Am I getting fat?" "Do you think the ethereal still finds me as useful as he used to?"

Make it. There is a joke there somewhere.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Hell yeah there is a joke there. I will use it for this week.