Monday, October 31, 2016

Goatboy's nonsense...



Been a bit - work has been nutty - thus life is a bit busy in-between monster child, wife, life, and work.  And models - lots of models to paint.  Blah I will be buys till probably next year.  And longer then that.  To give you an idea

Got to finish my daemon stuff - just screamers.

Gene stealer cult for client

Infinity for another client

A small bit of Infinity for a coworker

Some Space Wolf stuff for another client - Bjorn and some sky claws most likely

Cryx for another client

Finish off a Chaos commission

And some Frontline art and other stuff.

It just never ends for me haha.

Been testing against the one and only Ben Mohile - which leaves me getting my ass kicked by weird shit.  This last time - gladius of salamanders - massed flamers.  It does a number on my dogs and screamers I am testing.  I can keep the Star alive - it is trying to keep up with the maelstrom.  That is the issue at hand.  Meh...

Next test for the weekend will be a massed MSU incursion list that I think might work.

I got 2 versions with differences based on the Warlord.

Version 1

Incursion
Daemon Lord: Lord of Change, Lvl 3, Paradox, Greater Gift X 2
Core: Murder Horde
Herald of Khorne
Flesh Hounds X 5 - 8 units
Aux: Burning Skyhost
Herald of Tzeentch, Disc, Lvl 3, The book of All Tzeentch spells for warlord
Screamers X 3 - 9 units

This one gets a close combat monster with the Lord of change - plus the ability to have some nifty warlord traits like +1 inv save to him and all the Tzeentch guys near.  Casting on a 3+, ignore first perils, etc.  I don't know if Paradox is needed - but I think there will be times I am just summoning that chariot over and over.  Will see.

Second one drops the LOC - gets Paradox on the herald and gets Fateweaver for some storm fixing and all the tzeentch spells again.  I get the feeling this one might be better - but will see.  Gonna test it and see how I like it.  I think I need to make sure to have good objective placement so I can stop pods from dropping too close etc.  Save me some future head ache.

Beyond that I might test this thing too - just to play the Kharn I painted up.

Gorepack
Bikes X 3
Bikes X 3
Flesh Hounds X 15
Flesh Hounds X 15
Flesh Hounds X 10

Cabal
Sorc, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Fam, Vet, Stave
Sorc, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Fam, Vet, Axe
Sorc, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Fam, Vet, Axe
Sorc, Bike, Lvl 3, Spell Fam, Vet, Axe

CSM CAD
Kharn - Warlord
Chaos Lord, MoK, Juggernaut, Sigil, Axe of Blinding Fury, Meltabomb
Cultists X 10
Cultists X 10

Figure this one might be ok - has a ton of bodies and a mean ole counter attack with Kharn putting the damage out as needed.  Plus so many bodies to control the board.  I need to use the scout to keep things at bay for sure.  This might be what I bring to test out real quick for fun.  Will see.

Ok lots of models and I call it a night.













No comments: