Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Woohoo - Thursday?


First of all - I hope your 4th was good. I got a game of 6th under my belt. It was a small one and some reserves messed up for my opponent - but it was still interesting. The only major issue I have had is I think the wound allocation that we are seeing is going against what they wanted. i just hope they say exactly how it is supposed to work in the next White Dwarf. Will see. I will talk more about it on my Monday post.

I got ATC next week - and I sent my list in. It is the same one I talked about - simple, basic and I just don't really care much about the final gasps of 6th edition. In fact I am glad it is gone. Woohoo! I was tired of some of the nonsense and overall bickering the end of the edition pooped out on. So here is hoping Chaos and 6th get me excited.

Here is the list I plan on bringing to game night tonight. It is a shift from my normal boxes of doom and I want to try and put a damper on some of the psychic nonsense we keep seeing. 1850 as I think that is as high as we should go for a bit.

Space Wolves/Goats/Blah suck it!

HQ: Njal, Runic Terminator Armor
Elites: Wolf Guard X 10
WG 1 - Power Armor, Combi-Flamer, Powerfist
WG 2 - Power Armor, Combi-Melta, Powerfist - 2 of these guys
WG 3 - Power Armor, Combi-Plasma, Powerfist
WG 4 - Terminator Armor, Cyclone Missile Launcher - 2 of these guys
WG 5 - Terminator Armor, Storm Shield, Chainfist - 2 of these guys
WG 6 - Terminator Armor
WG 7 - Arjac
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Flamer X 2, Wolf Standard
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Plasma Gun X 2, Wolf Standard
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Meltagun X 2, Wolf Standard
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Meltagun X 2, Wolf Standard
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, Missile Launchers X 5
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, Missile Launchers X 5

Basic and simple. The idea is to push the super mini unit around as Njal does dumb stuff and cause issues for Eldar players and whatever else I face. Nob Bikerz are the new boogie man and I hope with JAWS and other nonsense I can take them apart as needed. Plus Arjac squishes MF's dead dead dead. I might need to get some Lascannons in there too so will see.

I think Wolves are one of the few books that don't need anyone's else help. The only thing we are missing is flyers so hopefully we can get some Storm Talons in the future. Will see. Heck this army could just swap to Chaos when the new book comes out.

Other thoughts for allies - even though they hate each other this is always a mean little combo.

Njal
5 Grey Hunters. Hide them out - and just utilize his 3+ No no option as needed.

Right now I am not sure where I want to go with my orks. The massed horde with 3 Dakka jets sound hot as the game will move away from boxes of doom dominating the battle field. I might have to add a small sprinkling of Nob bikerz to compete so will see.

Maybe something like this.

HQ: Warboss, Warbike, Cybork, Power Klaw, Bosspole, Attack Squig
HQ: Weirdboy, Warphead
Troops: Nobz X 10, Bikerz, Painboy, Cybork, Power Klaw X 4, Waagh Banner
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 30, Rokkit Launcha X 3, Nob, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Eavy Armor
Troops: Shoota Boyz X 20, Rokkit Launcha X 2, Nob, Bosspole, Power Klaw, Eavy Armor
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota X 3
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota X 3
FA: Dakkajet, Supa Shoota X 3
Heavy: Battle Wagon, Deff Rolla, Rokkit Launcha X 4, Boarding Plank, Red Paint, Grot Riggas

1850 on the Nose and something else I want to test out as well. If it goes up to 1999 then you can add Figher Ace or maybe find a way to tweak to get another Battle Wagon to run around. Still it is interesting options.

Also the Weirdboy will auto hit with his 36 inch range melta - so those high flyers might get zzapped out of the sky as needed.

So yeah - that is where my brain is at right now - thinking of things to play with in the new 6th Edition.

Oh yeah - some models too.




No comments: