Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Wow so this week has been fun so far



1100.00 less - and my house is going to be rid of Termites. Neighbors saw some on their side, and of course that means I got to pay some monies to get rid of them. Luckily it was found early enough that there were not all up in my shit. And lucky enough I had savings. I don't want to get into credit card debt any more beyond life or death stuff, so savings it came from. Hopefully some more commissions will roll through and my savings will fill back up. So if anyone needs art or minis, shoot me an email and we can work out a deal hah. Heck if you want a cool drawing of your avatar/character/headshot/etc shoot me an email. Prices will be at $25.00 for a digital color unless you want something crazy. You can check out some of my art at Full of Monkey.

So a fan from BOLS sent me an email asking me to make something with bikers and BA. So this is the list I made. I don't know if it will work, but it should give you some quick goofy games.

HQ: Librarian, Fear the Darkness, Str 10 power, Bike
HQ: Librarian, Fear the Darkness, Str 10 power, Bike
Elites: Sang Priest X 2, Bike X 2, PW X 2
Elites: Chaplain, Bike
Elites: Chaplain, Bike
Troops: Assault squad X 5
Transport: Razorback, TWL whatever you want that costs points
Troops: Assault squad X 5
Transport: Razorback, TWL whatever you want that costs points
Troops: Assault squad X 5
Transport: Razorback, TWL whatever you want that costs points
FA: Bike Squad X 5, Meltagun X 2, Power Fist, Attack Bike, MM
FA: Bike Squad X 5, Meltagun X 2, Power Fist, Attack Bike, MM
Heavy: Vindicator, Siege Shield
Heavy: Vindicator, Siege Shield

This sits around 2000 points. I don't know if it will work, but it makes me kinda interested in at least playtesting it. See if it is worthwile. Probably not, but who knows. If I could only make those bikers scoring. But both squads are fearless, reroll hits in the first round, str 5, toughness 5 with lots of power weapon attacks as well as fists etc. Plus lots of FNP. I don't know if Fear the Darkness is better or something else. The powers don't truly matter too much. If only they had access to Null Zone. Heck you could change the Meltaguns to plasma guns and try to never get into assault till you wanted too. It is one of those random list thoughts.

Got a hobby tournament this weekend and plan on taking a Highlander style Space Wolves list. Just lots of different things. Not optimized at all.

HQ: Wolf Lord, Thunder Wolf, Normal goodies set up with Saga of the Bear, Fenris Wolves X 2
HQ: Rune Priest, Living Lightning, Murderous Hurricane
HQ: Wolf Priest, Jump Pack, Meltabombs
Elites: Wolf Scouts, Plasma Pistol X 2, Meltagun
Elites: Lone Wolf, Chainfist, Storm Shield, Fenris Wolves X 2
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Meltagun X 2, Power Weapon, MoW, Rhino
Troops: Grey Hunters X 10, Flamers X 2, Power Weapon, MoW, Rhino
Troops: Blood Claws X 9, Powerfist, Rhino
FA: Sky Claws X 9, MoW, Powerfist, Meltagun
FA: Fenris Wolves X 10
Heavy: Vindicator, Siege Shield
Heavy: Long Fangs X 6, 2 Lascannons, 3 HB

There might be some meltabombs somewhere to make it at 2000 points. But yeah it is an really random list with lots of goofy stuff. Just want to try out some new things to see what works.

This week I am pretty much caught up on mini painting. So all in all a pretty good week beyond the sheer kick to the wallets nuts. I am just glad I am not putting it all on a credit card. I need to get 5 more Meganobs done for the Ork Robots army as well as another box of Killa Kans at some point to finish it out.

7 comments:

TheKing Elessar said...

If you're throwing those Bikes forward, you really don't want to hit them with friendly Pies. :)

Riflemen would be better.

Real G said...

Ah the perils of being a homeowner. I had this last year. "Hail damage? You mean my 30-year roof isn't going to last 30 years?"

Funtimes.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

The scatter on the vindicators is not nearly as bad as people think, and with the 12 inch move plus 24 inch fire you have some nice range. PLus the siege shield allows me to threaten any objective by zoom zoom.

And heck it is fun to play ballsy on the table hahah. I don't think it is a good army as it obviously puts too many eggs in one basket, but it is something to test your own skill as playing with bikes is not the easiest thing to do.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

Yeah home owner... lord. At least I had it, but my account's butt is hurtin hah.

Brent said...

Dude, we've got to talk commission stuff then. I'll no doubt be able to set some money aside for some Goat-Art. Off the top of my head, I've got two thoughts...

Banner for Strictly Average; my Church of Average idea never ran away in my mind.

Character sketch for my Stars Game.

I'm embracing my inner geek lately and roleplaying with some buddies, which has been a blast. Jenn doesn't care so much about the stories though.

Thomas aka Goatboy said...

All sound good to me - and heck I know ya so it should be fun hahahah.

Are you ready for my Goats :).

Brent said...

Always! Fritz is leading us to victory over the obviously evil Jawa/Goat combo.

You've got no chance, man, no chance...